This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot will not follow GPS
I am using the latest gtnxi and just flight arrow.
I cant get the autopilot to follow the gtn ? Everything the same as before the updates. I suspect it may be the arrow update. Im I the only one ?

Also. Is there a click spot or assignment to get the gtn to pop up on the screen ?

Thanks.
Hello Pete,

Nothing should have been modified to the autopilot. Are you using the PMS 50 at the same time?

You can get the LCD to pop up by using the Right Alt + Click on the main GTNXi LCD window.
Thanks. I will make sure the pms is removed. Roger the pop up !
Hi,
     Still having problems with this. I have emptied the community folder, no other addons (Pms) files on my system.The autopilot works fine with the standard gps530 etc. in the arrow, but it wont follow the TDS GTN ?

Obviously, I have the latest  manager and the latest gtn version, as well as the current arrow ( with the hotfix )
Never had this problem before the update.
For what it’s worth, I have discovered the AP in the Arrow will not follow NAV until you activate the heading switch. Not the rotary, but the large rocker. You also must have the rotary set to NAV, not HDG. 

That is the case for me and I was going to report it as a possible bug bt hopefully this will suffice. 

-A57
(02-24-2022, 04:49 AM)Arty57 Wrote: For what it’s worth, I have discovered the AP in the Arrow will not follow NAV until you activate the heading switch. Not the rotary, but the large rocker. You also must have the rotary set to NAV, not HDG. 

That is the case for me and I was going to report it as a possible bug bt hopefully this will suffice. 

-A57

Thanks Arty57.

That's the way the auttopilot has always worked in the Arrow. So it's not a bug.

I have tried with both the turbo and normal arrow and same thing. Seems to be a problem with the TDS GTN, although I never had a problem before the updates. I'll keep tinkering, but I'm running our of ideas....
Just an update.
The GTN is talking to the AP. I tried the VLOC and OBS and it is tracking fine. It's just the GPS course that it doesn't want to connect to..... strange.

(02-24-2022, 06:59 AM)petejohno Wrote: Just an update.
The GTN is talking to the AP. I tried the VLOC and OBS and it is tracking fine. It's just the GPS course that it doesn't want to connect to..... strange.

I think I have narrowed it down to the nav mode. If I change the GPS to follow the heading mode in the settings it tracks the GPS course.
I'm using the bravo .
Hello Pete,

Can you please give us some more details on how you experience this problem? The GTNXI should work with NAV mode, provided that the airplane has a proper NAV mode/autopilot.
Also, with which airplanes have you tested the autopilot without success? Does it work with any one?
(02-24-2022, 11:02 AM)admin Wrote: Hello Pete,

Can you please give us some more details on how you experience this problem? The GTNXI should work with NAV mode, provided that the airplane has a proper NAV mode/autopilot.
Also, with which airplanes have you tested the autopilot without success? Does it work with any one?

I am having the same problem using the JF Arrow III and the TDS GTNXI 

It works pefectly with the PMS 50 which I have removed also from MSFS but not with the TDS GTNXI

Roy
The same happens to me also with the JF Arrow II and III. The plane is not not following the flight plan, wether in NAV or in HEADING mode with the TDS GTNXI. The software is simply not working as expected.