This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin trainer not detected, except that it is - trap for new users from P3D/XPlane
I guarantee I'm not the first one to be stung with this one Smile

I have the RXP GTN installed for P3D which is also based off of the Garmin trainer, and I was very pleased to see when I installed the TDS GTN that it picked up that install of the trainer so the install only took 30 seconds and I didn't end up with 2 trainers taking up drive space.  

Nice, right up until I launched MSFS and up came an error about the GTN NXi trainer not being installed, please reinstall via the manager.

Several minutes of searching later I found that the manager is the installer, like most people in these days of decent broadband I just open installers without saving them so I didn't have it, easily solved, and it said the latest version of the Garmin trainer was definitely there.

Cue headscratching, then I had the idea to see if the NXi worked in the Garmin trainer and voila - the RXP unit needs the base Garmin GTN trainer and that is what the manager checks for, the TDS unit needs the GTN NXi add-on within the garmin trainer which isn't installed by default and the manager doesn't check for it. Once I sussed that out a single click on an 'install' button inside the trainer added that NXi trainer and we're over that hurdle. Big Grin

Not the first, won't be the last, leaving this here for the next person that needs it Smile
Open the trainer and make sure you have the GTNXi installed from its content manager. RXP uses the GTN, not the GTNXi. If you only have the GTN, then the TDS GTNXi won't work.
(02-28-2022, 11:03 PM)Crunchmeister Wrote: Open the trainer and make sure you have the GTNXi installed from its content manager. RXP uses the GTN, not the GTNXi. If you only have the GTN, then the TDS GTNXi won't work.

Yes, that's exactly what I just said.
Yeah, my bad. I should have read the rest of your post more clearly.
Chairman,

Thank you for posting the information, hopefully it will help our users!
It's not only if you come from P3D, the RXP GTN for X-Plane is missing the GTN NXi add-on as well. Same software so of course X-Planes versoin of the RXP GTN is missing it as well.