This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q route vs J route
Looking for some help here.  I am Navigraph Total subscriber.  I do my flight planning at the real world Garmin site FltPlan.com.  I also carry routes over into Simbrief.  Occasionally I drag and drop route lines visually at Skyvector.  All of those show a high airway from Cleveland to Baltimore, Q178.  In MSFS for G1000 and G3000, with Navigraph data, the flight plans import successfully with Q178.  However with the TDS GTN GPS gauges J178 returns an error that locks the flight plans until edited. 

I have the TDS and Navigraph linked.  In investigating related waypoints today I found the TDS GTN is evidently looking instead for J518.  In the TDS J518 has the same waypoints.  I cannot find J518 on any current charts or at any of my flight planning sites.  If I am linked to Navigraph and getting Q178 in other gauges, what then is causing this in the TDS?

(08-01-2024, 04:14 AM)fppilot Wrote: Looking for some help here.  I am Navigraph Total subscriber.  I do my flight planning at the real world Garmin site FltPlan.com.  I also carry routes over into Simbrief.  Occasionally I drag and drop route lines visually at Skyvector.  All of those show a high airway from Cleveland to Baltimore, Q178.  In MSFS for G1000 and G3000, with Navigraph data, the flight plans import successfully with Q178.  However with the TDS GTN GPS gauges J178 returns an error that locks the flight plans until edited. 

I have the TDS and Navigraph linked.  In investigating related waypoints today I found the TDS GTN is evidently looking instead for J518.  In the TDS J518 has the same waypoints.  I cannot find J518 on any current charts or at any of my flight planning sites.  If I am linked to Navigraph and getting Q178 in other gauges, what then is causing this in the TDS?

Please disregard.  Figured it out with updating of the Navigraph Hub.  Leaving this inquiry in place for others to find and help them solve.
Hello,

Thank you for your message, it is good to hear that you have managed to link all Navigraph databases and that the problem has been solved. We highly encourage that users keep all databases current and linked within Navigraph, for the best possible TDS GTNXi Pro experience.

To add to this post, for other users, there has been a bug about importing GFP flight plans which would result in locked waypoints, related to airway importing. This has been a TDS issue which has recently been fixed and will be included in the next TDS GTNXi release, version 1.1.0.4, which will be released today. We thank you for reporting this bug as well as supporting us in getting it fixed, it has been a tough one, but we are glad to hear that by fixing it, we will improve the TDS GTNXi Pro experience and provide a great product to our customers.

Best regards.