This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v1.1.0.4 crashes whenever FPL of at least two waypoints is created
Good day all,

as the title says, the fresh v1.1.0.4 crashes whenever FPL of at least two waypoints is created, or perhaps any active leg, with the screen remaining frozen. The sim itself keeps running, and the TDS can be reset by unpowering it (for it to crash again, this happens 100 % of the time).

Crash here:
[Image: crash00.PNG?rlkey=kdilmo6qfcidfm4jc0wg4lxqt&dl=0]

...and here:
[Image: crash01.PNG?rlkey=inqqo4cmimd24x70rkxmuoa95&dl=0]

This is fine (no crash):
[Image: crash02.PNG?rlkey=fbtdr71r3g479mrcnsztx9b6q&dl=0]

...but doing this crashes the thing:
[Image: crash03.PNG?rlkey=9a6wnyw12decza2rtj53nrg2y&dl=0]

No issues whatsoever with the previous version. Using Navigraph, on the latest database, and on A2A Comanche.

Any ideas?

Edit:

Happens when running the 'standalone' on the desktop too, so it should not be anything sim-related:
[Image: crash04.PNG?rlkey=orb2ar6x8h82fmoityh4lg3x7&dl=0]

I also tested, it is enough to have a single waypoint on the FPL and then selecting Direct To there to crash.

All the best,
-Esa
Hello Esa,

We are sorry to hear of the problems, thank you for the bug report, it is very detailed.
Unfortunately we have a bit of a hard time replicating this problem.

With the TDS GTNXi in standalone mode, with MSFS closed, can you please replicate the bug? If so, what crashes, thee main TDS GTNXI application of the PC Trainer (the main application should still run, with the screen frozen)

As a secondary question, what is the exact GTNXi PC Trainer version that you are running?

Not to worry, we will get this solved, we always do.
We have determined this to be a bug related to the older GTNXi PC Trainer V20.20.13, as this will not occur with version 20.30.8.

We have just released a new version, 1.1.0.5 with the bug fix, so all should be fine now.

Through this, we apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for the very detailed bug report, it has helped us in fixing this bug and uploading a new version within one hour!

Thank you!
No worries, thanks for your help!

It appears that it is the feed from/to Trainer is the part that freezes. Everything inside the TDS "LCD screen" becomes frozen. The clickspots (such as HOME and D-to keys) are recognized but clicking them, of course, does nothing.

The versions installed would be shown here as well. (?) Here all I did was launching the standalone, going Direct To (via button), selecting Canarsie, and clicking Activate, it freezes. If done in Map, it progresses maybe a couple of frames, and it draws the magenta, correctly to my eye, but the "animation" is cut short as in the earlier screenshots, where the keyboard remains visible, before the unit freezes.

[Image: crash05.PNG?rlkey=eq8m4n6yvm4ve225wnpac4y2z&dl=0]

-Esa

Ah, sorry - I did not notice your later response! Again, thanks for your help, glad if I was of any in exchange!

-Esa

And I can confirm this fixes it at my end, in standalone:

[Image: crash06.PNG?rlkey=7yyn03hkumhalar473cyy9uup&dl=0]

A question remains: is there something I need to do to make sure I am at the latest/proper version of the GTNXi PC Trainer? Do I need to reinstall it on the manager even if the version number there matches the latest available there?

Thanks again for your quick response!

-Esa
Hello Esa,

Thank you for your help and for confirming the bug fix, this is much appreciated!

The latest GTNXi PC Trainer version that we support is V20.30.8 at the time of writing, with work underway for version 20.42.2, you can get V20.30.8 from the base Aviation Trainer Launcher, Version Manager tab.

We are also working on improving the TDS GPS Manager so it would display the current and latest GTNXi PC Trainer version.