This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glide Slope conflict with GTN 650 and Onboard Garmin
Hi Folks, I'm a super basic user here and was wondering if someone can break this down into simple pieces for me:
I have a RealSimGear GTN 650 with the TDS Software running on FS2020. I just use the standard Asobo, non G1000 Cessna. 

It appears that my CDI is being fought over between the onboard unit and my TDS input. My expectation is that when I select the source in the TDS software, it should handle this and know what to do.

It sounds from similar posts that I can somehow disable the input from the onboard GPS. What is the easiest way to do this?
Thank you so much!

-Mike
Hello Mike,

Sure, it is possible to use the TDS GTNXi with the default C172, but for this you must disable the WT GNS 530/430 :

By setting these LVars to 1 when using the TDS GTNXi:
L: XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_AS530_1
L: XMLVAR_GPS_DISABLED_AS430_1

You can use Spad.Next to set the Lvars

Or you can refer to this article:
https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thread...lt.454423/

In addition, you can permanently disable the GNS units by commenting the panel.cfg of the C172, but we do not advise this.

Please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!
Thank you for the quick reply! So searching all .flt files on my system, I have almost 2k of them. Which FLT file should I be editing? Thanks!
It should be the FLT flight of the current flight, or even better, you can save a special flight for this exact scenario!

In addition, you can search on Google for other options on setting LVars.
Ok, thank you for the info so far. I'm making progress. I created a new flight and saved it. Then I edited the FLT file as shown in the attached screenshot. After re-running FS2020 and launching that flight, doesn't seem to be any change. Any idea what I did wrong?

Thank you again,
Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello, you forgot to set them as 1 by adding =1 at the end, as all the variables above.
It worked!!! Thank you so much! I can finally practice approaches which will be so helpful in my IFR training.

-Mike
Hello Mike,

We are glad to hear this, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!