This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDS GTNxi not working - is the program dead?
There has been a ton of work behind the scenes while things have been quiet here, to achieve more than what we have within the MSFS SDK and the GTNXi is a tough task and you can be assured that we are committed to updating and upgrading our product to the best of our abilities.
Where are the Updates, last was in june, wtf. is this a f... scam or what?
Hello,

As you probably have seen, a new PC Trainer is out with new features, this is a major work in progress.
We wish to have other updates, but the major ones (autopilot, VC integration) are still limited by the MSFS engine and the new SDK does not provide anything new for us at the moment.
(09-03-2021, 10:30 PM)admin Wrote: Hello,

As you probably have seen, a new PC Trainer is out with new features, this is a major work in progress.
We wish to have other updates, but the major ones (autopilot, VC integration) are still limited by the MSFS engine and the new SDK does not provide anything new for us at the moment.

Where, i am om 3010, this is the latest, No Update on PC Trainer at all, jeeee, im out of here
CrazierChief,

We do not understand the problem/question that you are having? Can you please elaborate?

There is a new Trainer version 3.1.4.0 which is not available on the website, you can obtain it from the desktop tool called Garmin Aviation Trainers/Version Manager Tab/Check for Updates button.
I thought it might be, but its not dead. My PC Crashed on July 1 and after a long story, I finally got it rebuilt and MSFS with all my Addons loaded back up. That is when I noticed the GTNXi 750 was not working. After quite some time, I took the developers suggestion and removed the new G1000NXi - it still failed. Only after flying a vanilla Beech G36 - not addons at all including the latest Working Title G1000 did it start to work once again. However, it behaves oddly.

Clicking on the CDI button will change the MFD display from GPS to VOR or VLOC. But when I click on the NAV button on the Autopilot, then strange things happen. They can differ for different scenarios when flying various approaches. (They do not do this when using the G1000NXi).

MFD display change to GPS/LVL with just the Autopilot NAV clicked. When I click on the Approach, it changes to GPS/LVL/VOR1
MFD display change to GPS/ROL with just the Autopilot NAV clicked. When I click on the Approach, it changes to GPS/VOR1

My descriptions may not be 100% accurate, as this was last night, but it does not indicate on the MFD display what really is taking place as it used to do, but it does work. Perhaps MSFS has made changes to the base G1000 that is causing this to happen.

I'm hoping this gets resolved as I'm reading MSFS wants to incorporate the G1000XNi into the base unit so there will be not way to remove it once that happens.
(09-05-2021, 02:46 PM)admin Wrote: CrazierChief,

We do not understand the problem/question that you are having? Can you please elaborate?

There is a new Garmin Trainer version 3.1.4.0 which is not available on the website, you can obtain it from the desktop tool called Garmin Aviation Trainers/Version Manager Tab/Check for Updates button.

There is a newer version than that. Latest version as of today is 3.2.3.0.
help please, after updating to the new version I can no longer use the TDSsim. when I execute the program, it gives me an error that says It could not find the GTN trainer... everything looks ok when I run the TDS manager.... but when I run the Flightsim I does not find the GTN trainer... I should not updated... It was working just fine...
(12-16-2021, 09:26 PM)ccapilot Wrote: help please, after updating to the new version I can no longer use the TDSsim. when I execute the program, it gives me an error that says It could not find the GTN trainer... everything looks ok when I run the TDS manager.... but when I run the Flightsim I does not find the GTN trainer... I should not updated... It was working just fine...

Hello,

We have replied privately with a temporary fix, we will get a permanent update to the TDS GTNXi out in a few days!
Fantastic, thanks a lot for your prompt help. Now I am back in business... Is working again... Again thanks a lot... that was amazing... Now I am looking forward to the next and future versions. Great job...