This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COM Problem
Sitting on the ground at KSNA trying to listen to the ATIS. I have the COM set to COM 1, tuned to 126.0 and transferred but I heard nothing. Then I realized that after I tuned in 126.0 that the COM radio had reverted back to what ever was defaulted when I started the GTN. I watched as I tuned and sure enough it immediately reverted back. Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Thanks
Phill Dant
Hello Phill,

Are you running any other software that could interfere with the radios? Can you please provide us a screenshot of the problem?

Do you have the ability to view MSFS SimVars using external software, to confirm the bug or not. Is there a discrepancy between what is displayed in the TDS GTNXi and the MSFS variable?
(06-16-2023, 02:58 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Phill,

Are you running any other software that could interfere with the radios? Can you please provide us a screenshot of the problem?

Do you have the ability to view MSFS SimVars using external software, to confirm the bug or not. Is there a discrepancy between what is displayed in the TDS GTNXi and the MSFS variable?

I am using pilot2atc but have tested without. Let’s hold off for now because I have found that I have no com 1 sounds in any aircraft. Has to be a sound setting that I haven’t found yet.
Hello,

That is indeed a possible cause, the COM volume discrepancy has been discussed in our Discord and it seems that the JPL 152 has a bug that sets the com volume to 0 under certain conditions, we recommend, if possible, to increase the value if set to 0. We are considering adding TDS GTNXi support for COM/NAV volume in a future version.
(06-16-2023, 08:38 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

That is indeed a possible cause, the COM volume discrepancy has been discussed in our Discord and it seems that the JPL 152 has a bug that sets the com volume to 0 under certain conditions, we recommend, if possible, to increase the value if set to 0. We are considering adding TDS GTNXi support for COM/NAV volume in a future version.

I am doing more research. I do not believe that this is your issue. I removed the 750 from the community folder and I still have no com sounds. Made sure the volume was add max… frustrating?
(06-16-2023, 08:38 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

I am doing more research. I do not believe that this is your issue. I removed the 750 from the community folder and I still have no com sounds. Made sure the volume was add max… frustrating?
We hope that you will find out the cause of the issue. Good luck.