TDS Sim Software Forums
COM Problem - Printable Version

+- TDS Sim Software Forums (http://www.forum.tdssim.com)
+-- Forum: TDS Sim Software (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: TDS GTNXi Flight Simulator (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: COM Problem (/thread-768.html)

COM Problem - prdant - 06-15-2023

Sitting on the ground at KSNA trying to listen to the ATIS. I have the COM set to COM 1, tuned to 126.0 and transferred but I heard nothing. Then I realized that after I tuned in 126.0 that the COM radio had reverted back to what ever was defaulted when I started the GTN. I watched as I tuned and sure enough it immediately reverted back. Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Thanks
Phill Dant

RE: COM Problem - adminOwner2 - 06-16-2023

Hello Phill,

Are you running any other software that could interfere with the radios? Can you please provide us a screenshot of the problem?

Do you have the ability to view MSFS SimVars using external software, to confirm the bug or not. Is there a discrepancy between what is displayed in the TDS GTNXi and the MSFS variable?

RE: COM Problem - prdant - 06-16-2023

(06-16-2023, 02:58 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Phill,

Are you running any other software that could interfere with the radios? Can you please provide us a screenshot of the problem?

Do you have the ability to view MSFS SimVars using external software, to confirm the bug or not. Is there a discrepancy between what is displayed in the TDS GTNXi and the MSFS variable?

I am using pilot2atc but have tested without. Let’s hold off for now because I have found that I have no com 1 sounds in any aircraft. Has to be a sound setting that I haven’t found yet.

RE: COM Problem - adminOwner2 - 06-16-2023

Hello,

That is indeed a possible cause, the COM volume discrepancy has been discussed in our Discord and it seems that the JPL 152 has a bug that sets the com volume to 0 under certain conditions, we recommend, if possible, to increase the value if set to 0. We are considering adding TDS GTNXi support for COM/NAV volume in a future version.

RE: COM Problem - prdant - 06-16-2023

(06-16-2023, 08:38 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

That is indeed a possible cause, the COM volume discrepancy has been discussed in our Discord and it seems that the JPL 152 has a bug that sets the com volume to 0 under certain conditions, we recommend, if possible, to increase the value if set to 0. We are considering adding TDS GTNXi support for COM/NAV volume in a future version.

I am doing more research. I do not believe that this is your issue. I removed the 750 from the community folder and I still have no com sounds. Made sure the volume was add max… frustrating?

RE: COM Problem - prdant - 06-17-2023

(06-16-2023, 08:38 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

I am doing more research. I do not believe that this is your issue. I removed the 750 from the community folder and I still have no com sounds. Made sure the volume was add max… frustrating?

RE: COM Problem - adminOwner2 - 06-17-2023

We hope that you will find out the cause of the issue. Good luck.