This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flight Plan Location V1.0.2.4
I just purchased V1.0.2.4 and already have a couple of questions.  First, where are the flight plans REALLY filed?  Page 18 of the manual says they are in the C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi\FPL folder.  Sorry, but not on my system.  I have four flight plans built and the FPL file shows empty. MSFS has been restarted, the system has even been rebooted. I have looked several places and have not found them. See attached, upper part. Please assist.

The second question refers to the import of external flight plans.  Per page 18 again, it indicates that you should go to the Flight Plan button, then to the menu and select the Menu key and an Import button will appear.  Sorry, but I am not seeing that Import button.  Would you kindly instruct me on how to import a flight plan, or am I missing something?

So far, I am loving having the Garmin based GPS back in the cockpit and hope that we can have it in many more birds. I have only tested it in the MilViz Cessna 310R and the Just Flight Turbo Arrow IV and both have been great. However, page 18 of the manual has me baffled. 

Thanks,

Hello,

Do you have the ProgramData folder in another location, let's search for it.
Please start the Run Command (Windows Key + R), then type in %PROGRAMDATA%, enter.
This will open the base Program Data folder, after that navigate to TDS\GTNXi\FPL. That is the location of the flight plan import folder.

Can you please confirm this folder's location, perhaps with a screenshot.

In regards to flight plan storage, they are stored in a system flash file for each respective unit, thus they are in a special file format and not accessible.
Okay, so the FPL file is empty because I have not manually placed anything into that folder and there is no longer an Import button so any desired importation must be manual.

Flight plans currently in the GTN not being accessible therefore limits the use of EFBs. I take it that they are within the Garmin Trainer software and can understand the lack of accessibility but that doesn't help the EFB situation.

Thank you for the explanation and quick response.
While we can not promise anything now, we will consider looking into this issue in the future if there are customer requests for such a feature. Thank you.