This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDS GTNXi featured in Carenado's Mooney M20R Ovation
The Carenado Mooney M20R Ovation has been updated to include TDS GTNXi support!

As with all Carenado aircraft add-ons that feature TDS GTNXi support, selection of the TDS GTNXi is easily done via the virtual tablet that can be accessed from the copilot's footrest pocket.

To be able to benefit from the TDS GTNXi VC integration, please make sure to update to the latest version, number 1.6 from within MSFS, Content Manager!

Thanks to community member ryanbatc  for the beautiful screenshot!

https://www.carenado.com/sitecarenado/pr...tion-msfs/

[Image: cpic02a.jpg]
I have 1 issue:

1. When I click on the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim app and select GTNxi 750 it pops up nicely, but then while loading the airplane within msfs2020 right before the "fly" button shows up, the GTN750 vanishes. I can still activate it within the tablet. I want to be able to manipulate it from outside the sim. I'm I doing something wrong here?

Is there anyway to make the gtnxi the default gps?
Hello,

When using the Carenado Mooney, the TDS GTNXi enters into gauge mode, this way you will be able to use it from within MSFS. It will not be in standalone mode, as it is with a non VC-integrated option, at the moment both can't run at the same time.
Did you try popping out the TDS GTNXi by using RIGHT ALT+LEFT CLICK on the GTNXi screen? Perhaps this is what you are asking for.

In regards to defaulting to the TDS GTNXi, this involves modifying the startup flight, so please follow this thread on Avsim and if you have questions, it may be best to ask there:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/63025...nt-4917767
Does this mean I can't pop the 750 Xi out onto a MS Surface tablet and then use touchscreen inputs on the tablet,
when I'm running the Carenado Mooney Ovation?  So far, I've been unsuccessful in doing that, with the tablet hooked
up as an additional screen via Spacedesk.
(10-22-2023, 11:48 PM)goodman@msu.edu Wrote: Does this mean I can't pop the 750 Xi out onto a MS Surface tablet and then use touchscreen inputs on the tablet,
when I'm running the Carenado Mooney Ovation?  So far, I've been unsuccessful in doing that, with the tablet hooked
up as an additional screen via Spacedesk.

Hello,

The TDS GTNXi works with Spacedesk, we are working on this area, int he meantime, there is a "standalone" beta, as described in our release notes for version 1.0.2.5 from the link below:

http://forum.tdssim.com/thread-15.html

Please follow the instructions and you will have an external window which can be dragged on a different monitor/touchscreen.
The Manager does not let me choose any earlier version of the simulator.  Earlier trainer versions refuse to install after I uninstall the latest version... perhaps there latest version is installed somewhere else as well?  Can't find i t.  Anyway, I was delighted to get your response, but sorry that I can't find out how to download the earlier version you recommended, 1.0.2.5.  Thanks in advance for any help...
Hello,

You have misunderstood us, the new functionality starts with version 1.0.2.5 and is available in all future versions, that link is only for reference on how you can enable it.
Thanks very much for your speedy reply.  I see that I misunderstood your reference.  I've now gotten the 750 and 650 to run standalone (with the dummy Standalone.txt file), 
and I can move one down onto the tablet that's connected via Spacedesk.  The 750 displaying on the tablet works fine with the mouse, but I haven't figured out
how to get it to respond to touches on the touchscreen, which was really the motivation for putting it on a tablet.  Am I just missing something (and in
that very likely case, can you give me any idea of what to do to get it working), or is it a limitation of the Spacedesk connection, or some other reason?
Thanks again,
Erik
Hello Erik,

No, we have a lot of customers running the TDS GTNXi with Spacedesk, we suggest asking this question in our Discord - community support section:

https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH