This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation Problem
Additionally, with the installer running and displaying the error message:
We would need this log file as well, it is much more important:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\Logs\GtiOfflineInstaller
Replace %username% with your username
I'm afraid that there is no Garmin sub-folder within the C:\users\john\AppData\Local\Temp folder.  In fact the Temp folder is empty.

Could the fact that I have Garmin Express installed on my PC be causing a problem?
Do you by any chance have a tool that erases your temp account. Maybe it was moved, so let's access the temp account differently:

Start/Run and type in this text without quotes: "%temp%"
Then let us know of the Garmin folder and hopefully the log files.

P.S.: When you installed, did you install as an Administrator (right click on the installer exe and select Run as Administrator?
Also, how much empty space is available on the C: drive?
First of all, thank you for trying so hard to get this working.

When I run %temp% it points me to E:\John\Temporary Files - a directory which is empty.

Another sub-folder of E:\John is called Tmp Files and in that folder, there is another tree of sub-folders 

Garmin - Trainers - Launcher - Logs and in there are a mass of Garmin Aviation Trainers log files.

I have extracted the 4 latest ones from my last attempt to install, however, I cannot attach them to this post.  Could you let me have an email address I can send them to?

The enclosed screenshot shows the log file names.

I have 109 Gb free space on my C:\ drive

I will be away from home from Sunday morning until Monday evening and I am sure you have better things to do with your time over a weekend.  

Thank you again

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Additionally, with the installer for the GTNXI running and the error message showing from E:\John\Tmp Files \Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\Logs\GtiOfflineInstaller
Can you please send us that log file as well? Thank you.
Who do I send the files to?  I cannot attach them to this note.
Matter resolved - case closed.
Out of curiosity, anybody having such installation problems, do you have AVG antivirus installed?
I have the Same problem, in the Justflight Pa28 black GTNXI and the same installiation problems Sad
Hello paddy804,

Which version of the JustFlight Pipers did you purchase? From the Just Flight Store or the MSFS Marketplace?
And also very important: do you have AVG antivirus?