This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDS GTNXi Black Screen/Missing Community files
Ok, thank you. Let's try this, with MSFS closed and after a PC Reboot, start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut, then click on the GTN750Xi button.
Does the screen light up?

If it does not, then please close the application and send us via email this log file from My Documents:
TDSGTNXi750Unit1Log.txt

Email address: support@tdssim.com

Thank you.
(09-29-2022, 08:54 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Ok, thank you. Let's try this, with MSFS closed and after a PC Reboot, start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut, then click on the GTN750Xi button.

If it does not, then please close the application and send us via email this log file from My Documents:
TDSGTNXi750Unit1Log.txt

Thank you.

Hi, the screen light up

(09-29-2022, 09:02 PM)itschema Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 08:54 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Ok, thank you. Let's try this, with MSFS closed and after a PC Reboot, start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut, then click on the GTN750Xi button.

TDSGTNXi750Unit1Log.txt

Thank you.

Hi, the screen light up, I have sent the file via email
We have responded via email and let's continue discussing there. Thank you.
(09-24-2022, 02:47 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 02:43 PM)Zedarex Wrote: Hi,

Just purchased the GTN750Xi to mainly use in the PC12.  However, I'm getting the black screen in-cockpit.  When launching MSFS I get a pop-up window saying:

TDS GTNXi: Failed finding GTNXi PC Trainer!

Could not find GTNXi PC Trainer, it looks like it is not installed, please reinstall from the TDS GPS manager or contact support!

On going to TDS GPS manager it shows that it is installed.  I also get the same error when lunching TDS GTNXi Flight Sim app, a pop and and also in the main window in red text.  When clicking on CTN750Xi the window opens, but this too is black.

I have tried removing, rebooting and reinstalling, same result.

Any help much appreciated.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems installing the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.
The solution for your problem is simple, first, please quit all TDS GTNXi products, a reboot is best.
After that, start the base Aviation PC Trainer (the first program that you have installed), from there navigate to the Version Manager tab, after which scroll down until you find the GTNXi PC Trainer V20.20.13, press on install.

After the installation has completed, you can start the TDS GTNXi Flight Simulator EXE with MSFS closed and click on the GTN750Xi button, the screen should light up and all will be fine.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Hello,
I`m with the same issue. I tryed this process but do not worked. Can you help me ?
(12-02-2022, 11:58 AM)luciousa2017@gmail.com Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 02:47 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote:
(09-24-2022, 02:43 PM)Zedarex Wrote: Hi,

Just purchased the GTN750Xi to mainly use in the PC12.  However, I'm getting the black screen in-cockpit.  When launching MSFS I get a pop-up window saying:

TDS GTNXi: Failed finding GTNXi PC Trainer!

Could not find GTNXi PC Trainer, it looks like it is not installed, please reinstall from the TDS GPS manager or contact support!

On going to TDS GPS manager it shows that it is installed.  I also get the same error when lunching TDS GTNXi Flight Sim app, a pop and and also in the main window in red text.  When clicking on CTN750Xi the window opens, but this too is black.

I have tried removing, rebooting and reinstalling, same result.

Any help much appreciated.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems installing the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.
The solution for your problem is simple, first, please quit all TDS GTNXi products, a reboot is best.
After that, start the base Aviation PC Trainer (the first program that you have installed), from there navigate to the Version Manager tab, after which scroll down until you find the GTNXi PC Trainer V20.20.13, press on install.

After the installation has completed, you can start the TDS GTNXi Flight Simulator EXE with MSFS closed and click on the GTN750Xi button, the screen should light up and all will be fine.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Hello,
I`m with the same issue. I tryed this process but do not worked. Can you help me ?

Hello,

What is the exact problem that you are having? Is the standalone PC Trainer functioning well? Please give us a detailed answer via email: support@tdssim.com
Not to worry, we will resolve this problem, we always do!
(02-27-2022, 08:46 PM)Noksi Wrote: As I spen(t) a couple of hours to figure it out I thought it might be good to share it to others... turned out it was the default binding for the Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, by default switch 46/47 is set to avoinics on/off - unbinding switch 46/47 fixed it.

I owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude - thanks very much.  Had the same problem, was going through all the uninstall/reinstall stuff for the GPS and the trainer, and ran across your post.  EXACTLY what it was, and it fixed mine too.

I wish the devs who think making our sim apps automatically assign control settings would be made to actually USE their apps after they've done all that assigning - they would find that it's a really bad idea.  The "default" settings are NEVER what I want, and they just get in the way.

Thanks again.   Big Grin
Hello, same problem here, the GTN750XI black screen in the cockpit, I tried the solutions mentioned earlier but it did not work for me.
However when I launch TDS GTNXI flight sim with msfs off, the GTN750XI button works, the screen lights up, I see my license, everything seems to work.
BUT... When I launch MSFS and start a flight, TDS GTNXI flight sim and the 750XI pop-up window close before the game has finished loading.
The GTN750 will remain in black screen in the cockpit.

I tried to restart TDS GTNXI immediately after it closed but this time the program tells me that the GTN750XI is in "gauge mode", I can no longer open the pop up window of the GTN750XI because the button is no longer accessible in gauge mode.

I tried several times to re-install the program following the instructions but the problem persists.

please help me
(02-05-2024, 06:46 PM)CTZN Wrote: Hello, same problem here, the GTN750XI black screen in the cockpit, I tried the solutions mentioned earlier but it did not work for me.
However when I launch TDS GTNXI flight sim with msfs off, the GTN750XI button works, the screen lights up, I see my license, everything seems to work.
BUT... When I launch MSFS and start a flight, TDS GTNXI flight sim and the 750XI pop-up window close before the game has finished loading.
The GTN750 will remain in black screen in the cockpit.

I tried to restart TDS GTNXI immediately after it closed but this time the program tells me that the GTN750XI is in "gauge mode", I can no longer open the pop up window of the GTN750XI because the button is no longer accessible in gauge mode.

I tried several times to re-install the program following the instructions but the problem persists.

please help me

Hello,

We will gladly help you, but it seems that we do not understand what you are trying to do.
According to the TDS GTNXi manual, you can run it in standalone mode or gauge mode. In which mode do you want to run it?
With which add-on aircraft are you trying to run the TDS GTNXi?
Sorry if I was not understandable, I don't have a very good level in english.

I’ll try to be more understandable.
I would like use your software for cockpit integration in several aircraft with this feature.

PA28R Bundle III & IV
Corenado 182RG II
M310 R

On these planes, the GTN750XI is a black screen.
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know, can you please show us a screenshot from within MSFS of the Just Flight Pipers showing the black screen?
In addition, please confirm the presence of the WASM gauge in the MSFS Community folder: tds-gtnxi-gauge

Are you running Honeycomb hardware? What is the status of the avionics bus switch?

Which version of the TDS GTNXi do you have installed?