This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Screen in H160 Helo
Hi

I recently purchased the H160 helicopter, everything was working fine, using the GTNXi, I updated to the latest version (1.1.0.3) of and all i get now is a black screen for the navigation. I've reinstalled the GTNXi several times but still get the black screen. The GTNXi still works with my Piper Camanche and TBM 850. When activating the software from the desktop icon it works fine. I reinstalled the H160 but still the black screen.

Any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated

Thanks
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the TDS GTNXi Pro and the H160, we are here to help.

Let's first confirm if this is a TDS or a HPG problem. With the Piper Comanche or TBM 850, does the TDS GTNXi function well without any manual intervention? As in starting the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut.
The TDS GTNXi should auto start with MSFS, can you confirm if this is the case?

Please let us know so we can analyze where to take this problem.
Hi,

Thanks for the response

TDS GTNXi starts with MSFS as I always get the splash screen. When starting from the desktop icon, again, works fine. I have just tested with the Comanche and the TBM 850 and all working fine, import route etc, with no issues, still a black screen on the H160.
Hello,

So you can confirm that with the Comanche and the TBM 850 you do not need to start the TDS GTNXi twice?
Hi, no GTNXi just starts with MSFS and works with the TBM and Comanche.
We find this a bit odd, as the TDS GTNXi is working fine with other aircraft.

Have you asked about this issue in the HPG Discord?
Yes... As of yet I haven't received a response
You may also want to try removing all other GTN 750 GPS files from the MSFS Community folder, the non TDS versions.
Which version of the H160 are you running?
Do you have any Community files that could be interfering?
As another item that would help, is a screenshot of the HPG H160 tablet, Aircraft, Options page. This will show us the selected GPS unit.