TDS Sim Software Forums
Installation Problem - Printable Version

+- TDS Sim Software Forums (http://www.forum.tdssim.com)
+-- Forum: TDS Sim Software (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: TDS GTNXi Flight Simulator (http://www.forum.tdssim.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Installation Problem (/thread-156.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Installation Problem - adminOwner2 - 02-26-2022

Additionally, with the installer running and displaying the error message:
We would need this log file as well, it is much more important:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\Logs\GtiOfflineInstaller
Replace %username% with your username

RE: Installation Problem - may433 - 02-26-2022

I'm afraid that there is no Garmin sub-folder within the C:\users\john\AppData\Local\Temp folder.  In fact the Temp folder is empty.

Could the fact that I have Garmin Express installed on my PC be causing a problem?

RE: Installation Problem - adminOwner2 - 02-27-2022

Do you by any chance have a tool that erases your temp account. Maybe it was moved, so let's access the temp account differently:

Start/Run and type in this text without quotes: "%temp%"
Then let us know of the Garmin folder and hopefully the log files.

P.S.: When you installed, did you install as an Administrator (right click on the installer exe and select Run as Administrator?
Also, how much empty space is available on the C: drive?

RE: Installation Problem - may433 - 02-27-2022

First of all, thank you for trying so hard to get this working.

When I run %temp% it points me to E:\John\Temporary Files - a directory which is empty.

Another sub-folder of E:\John is called Tmp Files and in that folder, there is another tree of sub-folders 

Garmin - Trainers - Launcher - Logs and in there are a mass of Garmin Aviation Trainers log files.

I have extracted the 4 latest ones from my last attempt to install, however, I cannot attach them to this post.  Could you let me have an email address I can send them to?

The enclosed screenshot shows the log file names.

I have 109 Gb free space on my C:\ drive

I will be away from home from Sunday morning until Monday evening and I am sure you have better things to do with your time over a weekend.  

Thank you again

RE: Installation Problem - adminOwner2 - 02-27-2022

Additionally, with the installer for the GTNXI running and the error message showing from E:\John\Tmp Files \Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\Logs\GtiOfflineInstaller
Can you please send us that log file as well? Thank you.

RE: Installation Problem - may433 - 02-27-2022

Who do I send the files to?  I cannot attach them to this note.

RE: Installation Problem - may433 - 02-28-2022

Matter resolved - case closed.

RE: Installation Problem - adminOwner2 - 02-28-2022

Out of curiosity, anybody having such installation problems, do you have AVG antivirus installed?

RE: Installation Problem - paddy804 - 03-05-2022

I have the Same problem, in the Justflight Pa28 black GTNXI and the same installiation problems Sad

RE: Installation Problem - adminOwner2 - 03-05-2022

Hello paddy804,

Which version of the JustFlight Pipers did you purchase? From the Just Flight Store or the MSFS Marketplace?
And also very important: do you have AVG antivirus?