This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another black screen issue
Hello,
  I am having a black screen issue on the TDS GTNXI in the Black Square TBM.  I have read many similar posts, and have tried the various things people did to get it to work again.  My issue seems a little different than most however.  The black gauge only occurs randomly.  It used to be fine, working as it should.  Now roughly 50% of the time or greater when starting a flight, the GTNXI simply will not power up.  I have used it quite a bit without error prior, and have flown the BS TBM dozens of times, so I do not believe I am doing anything wrong on my end.

I have verified the standalone TDS Gtnxi from the desktop is working and shows connected to MSFS.
I do not use any virus protection, other that what is embedded in windows. 
Plane on battery power with avionics switched to on.  When the problem occurs, all other gauges come up, however the GTNxi is black.

On one occasion yesterday, I noticed when launching MSFS the GTNxi splash screen did not appear (which is unusual). The gauge would not power up, so I launched the desktop standalone GTNxi and poof - the gauge came up and worked as it should. This morning, the gauge would not power up again, I launched the standalone version, and it indicated "flight simulator is running, but not connected". I then exited to MSFS main menu, restarted the flight. The standalone app then indicated "connected to MSFS", however the gauge still would not come up.
Possibly a conflict somewhere that randomly affects the ability for GTNxi to connect to the sim?
Hello,

Let's take this issue one step at a time:

Which version of the TDS GTNXi and the GTNXi PC trainer do you have installed?

In addition, when MSFS starts, please confirm that the TDS GTNXi interface starts all the time (as can be shown by the splash screen AND the system tray icon).
Thank you for your reply.

The TDN GTNXI version is 1.0.3.3
The GTNXI PC trainer version is GTN Xi 20.30

I am having the issue as we speak, and the GTN Xi Sim interface is loaded in the system screen (and came up during sim loading). When I double click to open it, it indicates that simulator connection status is "Flight simulator is connected"

I also subsequently disabled all other mods from the community folder to ensure no conflict.
Hello,

Thank you, these are the latest versions. Usually this would mean a lack of avionics power, hence why a screenshot would help. When you experience a black screen, please check the device manager: details tab for gtn_simulator.exe processes

In addition, when MSFS starts, please confirm that the TDS GTNXi interface starts all the time (as can be shown by the splash screen AND the system tray icon)! This is important
Will do. I had hoped to re-create the problem yesterday, however the past 4 flights have been fine. This is typical since it began, random in nature. The day I entered the forum, I couldn't get it to work for 3 MSFS restarts. Hopefully it will fail again soon and I will post screenshots as requested.
Hello,

Thank you for letting us know.

Best regards.
For whatever reason, my issue seems to have resolved itself. I have flown multiple flights with the hopes to recreate the problem, but it has worked fine since my last post. I have no idea what I did diffrently, but all is well at the moment. Thank you for your time, I apologize I was not able to determine what the conflict was.
Hello,

We are glad to hear this, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!