This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CTD
Dear support team,

I purchased the product (G0H36FJE60YZ) and installed it without problems.
I started it and everything seemed to be normal.
Then I startet MSFS and initially everything behaved as expected.
Very shortly before the flight became ready to start the Garmin Gauges suffered a CTD - no error message.

I have a new computer with Windows 11, all updates for Windows and MSFS installed.
MSFS alone runs on my computer as expected.
I have tried it with Carenado's Seneca V and another GA aircraft coming directly with MSFS.
I have no other addons and no other software running in parallel.
I have restarted my computer.
I have switched off my second display.

Nevertheless I observed no change, the CTD always showed up again very shortly before the flight became ready to start.
What should I try next to make the software running togeter with MSFS?

Thank you best regards
Bernd
Hello Bernd,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems, we are here to help.

Can you please give us details on exactly what CTDs? As in the exact software: TDS GTNXi Interface, GTN Simulator.exe or something else?

With MSFS closed, please start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut, then click on the GTN750Xi button, does the GTN750Xi work well?
In addition, do you have Windows Event Viewer crash information?

If so, please make sure to email them to us at:
support@tdssim.com
(12-29-2023, 08:47 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: In addition, do you have Windows Event Viewer crash information?

If so, please make sure to email them to us at:
support@tdssim.com

Thank you for the quick reply.

Another weird observation:
When starting the flight from Tokyo Haneda it works normal.
Starting from Hannover (EDDV) of Frankfurt (EDDF) it does not work.

Shortly before the flight becomes ready to start all items from TDS simply disappear from the display while MSFS continues to work.

I am not familiar with windows event viewer. I will look at it tomorrow.
So you can confirm that on ground at Tokyo the TDS GTNXi functions well?

Are you using external hardware? As in Honeycomb?

You must make sure that the avionics bus switch is set to ON, otherwise the GTNXi will lose power.
Here is some information on how to access the Windows Event Viewer:

https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-exp...an-use-it/

What would help us very much is a video of the problem.
(12-29-2023, 09:15 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Here is some information on how to access the Windows Event Viewer:

Sorry, I have to correct myself:
With the MSFS default DA40 it works everywhere, with the Carenado Seneca V not.

I have disconnected all external hardware except keyboard and mouse (both office-type not optimized for gamers).

The avionics switch is on. I guess otherwise I would see black screens on the Garmin devices and not get at CTD.

Starting the GTN-simulator without MSFS looks normal for me.
(12-30-2023, 12:08 PM)Bernd Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 09:15 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Here is some information on how to access the Windows Event Viewer:

I have disconnected all external hardware except keyboard and mouse (both office-type not optimized for gamers).

The avionics switch is on. I guess otherwise I would see black screens on the Garmin devices and not get at CTD.

All my above tests were carried out with separate GTNs because I need them for my homecockpit.

In the meantime I managed to activate the product in the virtual cockpit. As far as I can see it works. However I was surprised to see a synchronization of the GPS/VLOC switches on the two GTNs.
(12-30-2023, 01:56 PM)Bernd Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 12:08 PM)Bernd Wrote:

All my above tests were carried out with separate GTNs because I need them for my homecockpit.

In the meantime I managed to activate the product in the virtual cockpit. As far as I can see it works. However I was surprised to see a synchronization of the GPS/VLOC switches on the two GTNs.

Main-issue solved: I temporarily moved the tds-gtnxi_gauge folder out of the MSFS Community folder.
However, the GPS/VLOC synchronisation issue remains.
Hello,

So you can confirm that the TDS GTNXi works well?
In regards to home cockpit, there is no need to remove the tds-gtnxi-gauge from the MSFS community folder, we have a work in progress feature, described in our release notes, for version 1.0.2.5, as shown here:

http://www.forum.tdssim.com/thread-15.html

Since the black screen problem seem to be resolved, for other, smaller issues or questions, please create a separate post explaining everything in detail and what you expect to be different.

Best regards.