This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VR issues
Hi there,

I would like to use the GTNxi with the Cessna 414. When flying in 2D, everything works fine, but when switching to VR the GTNxi becomes unusuable. I cannot click anything, because it is ultra-laggy (up to one minute until something happens) and after a few moments the flightsim crashes to desktop. I am using a Pimax Crystal btw...

Any ideas?

Best,
Holger
Hello Holger,

Are you using OpenXR in Turbo Mode? If so, can you please disable Turbo Mode and try again?
In addition, which antivirus are you using? What kind of exceptions have you set up?
Hi,

thank you for your support. Disabling Turbo Mode accelerates the input to, let's say 1/2, of the time before. But that means that there are still about 20 seconds for each input. That happens even after rebooting the PC. And CTDs are also still existent.

I am using Microsoft Defender - and before you ask: I did not set an exclusion yet. But since the device is absolutely responsive in 2D I do not think that this is the cause.

Best,
Holger
Hello Holger,

We have found the case of the exclusions to resolve the problem in VR, even though 2d was fine, so we advise you to follow the proper steps.

In regards to CTDs, we recommend updating the TDS GTNXi to version 1.0.3.2 which should solve all issues.

Please let us know how it goes.
Hi,

bad news again...

What I did:
- set exclusions for MS Defender as described in the manual
- uninstalled 1.0.3.0
- installed 1.0.3.2
- disabled Turbo Mode in OpenXR

What I experience:
- in 2D everything is fine
- in 3D absolutely no response, even after a long time
- switching back to 2D, I noticed that the icons on the GTNXi's home screen have disappeared (turning off and on the Avionic Master switch) made them appear again
- no more CTDs

Any more suggestions?

Best,
Holger
Hello Holger,

We would suggest visiting our Discord community support channel as quite a few customers run the TDS GTNXi into VR and possibly they can help.

Which version of the GTNXi PC Trainer do you have installed (V20.X.X)?
Hi,

okay, I really hate Discord, but I will give it a try. Can you provide a URL? Google can't find it. And a search directly on discord does not help either.

Thank you.
Hello,

Here is a link to our Discord:

https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH

The VR community is much more active on Discord than in the forums.