This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen is black, nothing works
Hello,
i installed GTNxi today, nothing works. The Screen is black in the plane. There is a commend: "TDS GTNXI in Gauge Mode". I do not know want is to do now.
TDS GTNXi is connected with the SIM.
Trainer is running.
If i start the SIM, the window with the settings/avionics close.
Is there anybody who can help me?
Grüße
Ulli
Hello Ulli,

We have answered this problem to the email which you sent us, with the resolution.
(11-05-2023, 10:35 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Ulli,

We have answered this problem to the email which you sent us, with the resolution.
Many thanks, it works great.

(11-05-2023, 12:22 PM)Uldarich Wrote:
(11-05-2023, 10:35 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Ulli,

Many thanks, it works great.

Here your answer for the users with the same problem with the avast antivirus program:

Avast is causing black screens. In order to resolve this, we have a simple procedure to follow:

Please set an exception(exclusion) for this file:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTI\Production\GTI__GTN_Xi__20_30\app-20.30.8\bin\GTN_Simulator.exe
(This is the default PC Trainer installation path, if you have it in a different folder/disk drive, you must use the different path)
The TDS GTNXi log file from My Documents, called TDSGTNXiExeLog.txt lists the install path.

Here is a link on how to set exceptions:

https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/...usions/#pc

After setting the exception, you need to reboot the PC, then to confirm the exception working, you can start the standalone TDS GTNXi Flight Sim EXE from the desktop shortcut with MSFS closed and click on the GTN750Xi button to show up the LCD screen and confirm functionality.
Hello,

Thank you for posting these instructions here, for others.

Please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!