This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hiccups issue
Hi

I have had GTNxi now for a month. After installation I have hiccups issue every time i use plane that is able to use GTNxi. Tried to search any resolution online but so far have nothing. Problem is affected at least Aerosoft Turbo Arrow, Blaksquare TBM850 and Flysimware C414W. 
I have checked firewall, and to be sure i even shut it off, but no luck there. Any hints?
Hello,

Can you please describe the problem that you are having? What does "hiccups" mean? What is working differently than how you would expect it to?
Please make sure to update to the latest TDS GTNXi V1.0.3.2 which has been recently released.
(11-04-2023, 08:08 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Can you please describe the problem that you are having? What does "hiccups" mean? What is working differently than how you would expect it to?
Please make sure to update to the latest TDS GTNXi V1.0.3.2 which has been recently released.

Hiccup is like say you are 60fps and it draws 10frames and stops at 10th frame. Then continues again at 40th frame. Does this sometimes 3times in 10sec - but at least once in 30sec while up high. Immidiately when i shut off gps equipment all is good again.
I have pc powerful enough to run same routes with PMDG NG or FBW A320 so i doubt there is problem.

I have updated - had same issue with pre update too.
Hello,

Which antivirus are you using?

Please show us a screenshot of the exclusions that you have set inside the antivirus.
(11-05-2023, 10:37 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Which antivirus are you using?

Please show us a screenshot of the exclusions that you have set inside the antivirus.

Hi

I´m using Avast. 
After last post is what i have done to solve this issue. Uninstalled whole GTN and reinstalled. Tried run without firewall and antivirus - no mentionable difference. Made all possible exeptions on firewall and antivir. 
 Today I made flight with Flysimwares C414AW  GTN750XI in hawaii. Scenery mainly water, small sparse island to land.  Coming to land had awful lag, and when i cut power from avionics - all smooth as butter again (same as with tbm850). Back on, and stutter starts. I add graph from my Nvidia Afterburner, where GPU1 usage drops every time when screen jams. What i want to point out is how these issues run in pattern, and it seems to be much worse specially with C414 than it is with TBM850. When i started flight i had almost no issues and lagging worsened gradually towards end.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello,

Thank you for the information, please provide us with your full system specs as well as images from the antivirus exclusions that you have added.
What kind of FPS do you have as baseline withott the TDS GTNXi running? Then with the TDS GTNXi running on ground.

Best regards.
(11-11-2023, 10:31 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for the information, please provide us with your full system specs as well as images from the antivirus exclusions that you have added.
What kind of FPS do you have as baseline withott the TDS GTNXi running? Then with the TDS GTNXi running on ground.

Best regards.

Hi

I have Windows 11 Pro 64-bit/ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING (LGA1200)/Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz/ 32Gb ram/ RTX3700OC  8Gb

My framrate is locked to 60FPS and usually it is (area i use to fly- nordics and baltic) between 30-60. On the ground it is about same, and when hiccups occure i notice no fps loss on counter.

Hello,

Thank you for the information, can you please temporarily disable all AVAST security components, not just real time protection, but all of them and try again?

Please let us know how it goes.
(11-19-2023, 06:10 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thank you for the information, can you please temporarily disable all AVAST security components, not just real time protection, but all of them and try again?

Please let us know how it goes.

11.11 i did try already both firewall and avast off - no help. But if necessary i´ll repeat. 

I also attach another file where is visible how much impact does it have with radio stack (TDS GTNxi) off. I was on long final for EDDB/25R and some 2-3mins before touchdown i shut radio stack. Last big spike on GPU1 usage is after shutdown, and very last ones came when i exited MSFS. 
Every spike down represents hiccup, or small stop at motion on screen. The deeper the longer stop on screen. And planes without TDS GTNxi goes more or less as last 3mins - even pmdg ngx.

Hello,

Can you please run another test where you exit the TDS GTNXi in flight, from the system tray icon?
In addition, what is the number, type and exact type of disk drives that you are running?