This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.0.3.1 crashes MSFS ?
Hi,

since I installed version 1.03.1, I have permanently crashes when flying the Black Square Kingair.

The windows crash report shows, that the last module loaded before the crash is tds-gtnxi-gauge\...

LoadedModule[211]=C:\Users\hh\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\tds-gtnxi-gauge\m94b5516f9e942157_0.dll

It would like to install the previous version, but how?

Kind regards
OMG, how good that I read your thread here. I noticed something like that too and always didn't know where the CTD came from.

When I load the BKSQ TBM850 for the first time everything is ok, but when I switch to another BKSQ aircraft there is a CTD. Every time.
Until now I always suspected my TBM850 repaint as the culprit.

But now that I'm reading this, it all becomes clear to me. It's been happening since the moment I installed the TDS GTN750xi 1.0.3.1 update. Finally I know where the CTD come from. Many many thanks to bring this up  Exclamation
Hello,

We take CTD errors very seriously, such issues should not occur and we are interested in solving all known bugs as soon as possible, provided that we confirm that this is a TDS GTNXi CTD and not a CTD generated by another add-on.

The first step in troubleshooting the issue is to make sure that the latest WASM gauge has been installed, with MSFS closed, please delete the two folders:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\packages\tds-gtnxi-gauge
and
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\tds-gtnxi-gauge
where %username% is your username

After this, from within the TDS GPS Manager, please reinstall the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim V1.0.3.1

Please let us know if you experience the CTD and if you do, it would greatly help to let us know of the least amount of steps to reproduce the issue.

At the moment there is no way to revert to an older version, but you can always contact us on our Discord (via DM/Private message to @TDSSim) with the answers to what we have stated above to speed up the troubleshooting process so we can have a fix.

Discord link:
https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH

Best regards.
Hello,

Another item of interest, is, is possible, if you can run MSFS in Dev mode, then from Tools menu access the SImConnect Inspector. For "TDS GTNXi Gauge Module", do you see any Exceptions or other errors?

Thank you.
I have crashes every time I fly, sometimes at start of a flight, always when I finish the flight. The gauge rarely freezes. My Windows 11 system is brand-new because of new hardware. I was hoping all would be good, but it seems to be a deeper issue with this app. I can't even tell you when it all started. GTN_Simulator.exe / GTN XI Series Trainer / bad_module_info, all those messages on every flight. It does not happen at all with the other one available. Totally disappointed, no joy in using this.
(10-26-2023, 09:29 PM)Mick Wrote: I have crashes every time I fly, sometimes at start of a flight, always when I finish the flight. The gauge rarely freezes. My Windows 11 system is brand-new because of new hardware. I was hoping all would be good, but it seems to be a deeper issue with this app. I can't even tell you when it all started. GTN_Simulator.exe / GTN XI Series Trainer / bad_module_info, all those messages on every flight. It does not happen at all with the other one available. Totally disappointed, no joy in using this.

Hello,

For how long have you had the TDS GTNXi?

We are unsure if your message has been posted in the right place. What kind of crashes are you experiencing?
From what you have enumerated above, the GTN_Simulator.exe crashes are a basic "unload" error when the executable is closing, in no way impairing the actual usage of the TDS GTNXi.

We would recommend that you contact us via Discord or create a detailed post in this forum explaining your issues and of course, as you have seen above, we treat our customers very well and we are committed to resolving the issues that they are experiencing so they can fully use and enjoy the TDS GTNXi!

Thank you for understanding us.
(10-26-2023, 11:45 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

We take CTD errors very seriously, such issues should not occur and we are interested in solving all known bugs as soon as possible, provided that we confirm that this is a TDS GTNXi CTD and not a CTD generated by another add-on.

In my case, I have already figured out one thing for sure: The CTD only happen if in addition to the TDS GTN also the "pms50-instrument-gtn750" is present in the community folder.

As I said before I can reproduce the CTD as follows:
1. I start a flight with the BKSQ TBM850. I don't even turn on the batteries or the avionic. Everything is ok.
2. I finish the flight
3. I start a new flight with another BKSQ aircraft, the Caravan.
4. Before the loading is over, CTD.

As soon as I remove the folder "pms50-instrument-gtn750" from my community folder, no more CTD!
But the whole thing happens in my opinion only since the TDS update to 1.0.3.1.

PS: Now you might ask, why am I always switching back and forth between 2 aircraft in MSFS. I am a repainter and therefore I have to do this again and again to check my work. And that's why I suddenly noticed the constant CTDs that I never had before!
Hello,

Thank you for the information, can you confirm that this problem occurs only with the Black Square TBM 850?

Version 1.0.3.1 of the TDS GTNXi does not have any special coding in these regards, so what you see is something out of pure coincidence, as weird as it may sound.

We are interested if other customers are able to confirm your scenario, as this would greatly benefit everybody.
In addition, do you have this in the MSFS Community folder: "pms50-gtn750wtt-aircraft-bksq-tbm850" ?
(10-26-2023, 11:29 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote:
(10-26-2023, 09:29 PM)Mick Wrote: I have crashes every time I fly, sometimes at start of a flight, always when I finish the flight. The gauge rarely freezes. My Windows 11 system is brand-new because of new hardware. I was hoping all would be good, but it seems to be a deeper issue with this app. I can't even tell you when it all started. GTN_Simulator.exe / GTN XI Series Trainer / bad_module_info, all those messages on every flight. It does not happen at all with the other one available. Totally disappointed, no joy in using this.

Hello,

For how long have you had the TDS GTNXi?

We are unsure if your message has been posted in the right place. What kind of crashes are you experiencing?
From what you have enumerated above, the GTN_Simulator.exe crashes are a basic "unload" error when the executable is closing, in no way impairing the actual usage of the TDS GTNXi.

We would recommend that you contact us via Discord or create a detailed post in this forum explaining your issues and of course, as you have seen above, we treat our customers very well and we are committed to resolving the issues that they are experiencing so they can fully use and enjoy the TDS GTNXi!

Thank you for understanding us.

Hi there, 

Thanks for replying to my post. I'm aware this might not be the right place to post my issues. I was just looking for a solution and found this - just frustration. Your question for how long I've had your TDS, pretty much from the beginning, February 2022. Long enough to know it was working almost flawlessly with just the odd freeze (about every 30 - 40 flights). Other than that, no "basic unload error" at all. This all startet early this year after some update. My Windows reliability report looks terrible and not like an healthy system. Just because MSFS doesn't crash it still looks faulty to me and like to have it solved. If you like, I could send you a few TDS logs and screenshots of the reliability report. Never meant to be rude in my first post, sorry for that.

Take care 
Mick