This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Default Navigation Source
Is there a way to force a default navigation source in the settings tab through a config file or other means?  It seems to always default to GTN750Xi.  I only use 1 GTN650XI in my setup and would like it to always default to that.
As long as the panel.cfg file is configured to just the GT650Xi, that unit default navigation source.
Resurrecting and old question. I am using the standalone.txt method to use a 650 in standalone mode in the a2a comanche. Not using any 750 in this case. I've tried adjusting settings in the panel.cfg file to reference the 650 instead of 750 but it doesn't seem to impact the default nav source in standalone mode. Even if I manually set it to use the 650 as default nav source, it seems to reset itself if the unit loses power (such as flipping the avionics master switch). Is there any workaround to have it force a default nav source, or perhaps a lvar or simvar that can be set from Air Manager to set default nav? Thanks!
Please try this:

L:TDSGTNXI_ActiveNavigationSource with a value of 3 for GTN650Xi Unit 1
(01-09-2024, 10:58 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Please try this:

L:TDSGTNXI_ActiveNavigationSource with a value of 3 for GTN650Xi Unit 1

I can read it but writing to it doesn't have an impact. It doesn't change the value when writing.
Thank you, we will look into this for a future patch.