This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vertical nav in the Black Sq King Air
Ok, I have tried to look in the manual, and I am a pilot but not an IT guy.

First, how do I make GTNXi capture the altitude set in the aircraft altitude window.  In several initial tries, the airplane just doesn't capture the altitude.  Sort of like the old 737 100s.

The other question is how do I get it to do VNAV?  VNAV shows a top of descent point, but though I dial in a lower altitude in the window and then select VS on the King Air, the aircraft doesn't start down.  Please point me to the instructions.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues, we are here to help.

This seems like a two part question, so let's take it one step at a time.

Please make sure to update to the latest TDS GTNXi and BlackSquare KingAir.

When you say that the airplane does not capture the selected altitude, in which vertical mode are you in? Can you please give us some more details on the problem, with steps to reproduce it?
Are you using external hardware that could conflict?

In regards to VNAV, at the moment we do not support descent VNAV, however you can use the TDS GTNXi calculated TOD and VSR map data field to set the correct VS in the KingAir. But first let's talk about resolving the first problem.
(08-05-2023, 12:05 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

When you say that the airplane does not capture the selected altitude, in which vertical mode are you in? Can you please give us some more details on the problem, with steps to reproduce it?

In regards to VNAV, at the moment we do not support descent VNAV, however you can use the TDS GTNXi calculated TOD and VSR map data field to set the correct VS in the KingAir. But first let's talk about resolving the first problem.
Thanks for answering my query.  I understand the 2nd part of your answer.  So, forgive my ignorance please, but how do I set a descent rate in the KA A/P?  Do I use the desc key?  Where do I set the rate?  Or, where should I be reading about how this is done.  I am new on this airplane.   Oh, and on T/O, I was engaging the autopilot and using NAV and CLIMB functions.  NAV worked fine, but no ALT capture.
Actually today, these problems are superseded by a bigger problem.  Likely due to some mistake I made previously, today the right engine will not light off.  BATT on, starter #2 up/on, and I get prop rotation.  I add fuel to low idle but no ITT at all.  I have BATT voltage but there is a R "Chip" light on.  I know that means metal detected so I previously fried the engine?  I reset that cb, I restarted the computer, everything, but the number 2 will not light.  How should I deal with this, even though it might remember me getting it too hot earlier?  I am actually not sure about what the sim thinks is wrong.  Strangely, the #2 engine seems to run until the start switch is turned off, then it stops.   
Again, thanks for your patience, it is difficult to find help.
(08-05-2023, 07:43 PM)arrowspace90 Wrote:
(08-05-2023, 12:05 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Thanks for answering my query.  I understand the 2nd part of your answer.  So, forgive my ignorance please, but how do I set a descent rate in the KA A/P?  Do I use the desc key?  Where do I set the rate?  Or, where should I be reading about how this is done.  I am new on this airplane.   Oh, and on T/O, I was engaging the autopilot and using NAV and CLIMB functions.  NAV worked fine, but no ALT capture.
Actually today, these problems are superseded by a bigger problem.  Likely due to some mistake I made previously, today the right engine will not light off.  BATT on, starter #2 up/on, and I get prop rotation.  I add fuel to low idle but no ITT at all.  I have BATT voltage but there is a R "Chip" light on.  I know that means metal detected so I previously fried the engine?  I reset that cb, I restarted the computer, everything, but the number 2 will not light.  How should I deal with this, even though it might remember me getting it too hot earlier?  I am actually not sure about what the sim thinks is wrong.  Strangely, the #2 engine seems to run until the start switch is turned off, then it stops.   
Again, thanks for your patience, it is difficult to find help.
Hey and thanks again.  I figured out all my current problems.  I didn't know about how to "fix engines" on the King Air but I somehow googled a forum post that explained the error.  I did get the airplane to capture the altitude and I see where the V/S  Up/Down toggle is now.  It's tough to be a newby but I get bored in the 737 that I flew in real life for many thousands of hours and I am trying to go back to airplanes that I once flew, except the avionics have been changed.  Cheers.
Thank you for your answer, we are glad to hear this, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!