This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install problem
Hello;

Just starting into the software and have the manager shows the trainer and flight simulator installed.  The desktop standalone version seems to open correctly and shows Flight Simulator connected.  My problem - the simulator doesn't appear in the cockpit, either on the monitor or within VR.  I tried to follow the installation instructions but obviously missed something.  Looking for help.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.

To be able to assist you, we need more information, which aircraft are you attempting to use the TDS GTNXi? What exactly is going on, do you see the bezel?

If you start the TDS GTNXi in standalone mode with MSFS closed and click on the GTN 750Xi button, does the LCD light up?

Do you run any Honeycomb hardware?

Not to worry, we will resolve this problem.
Hi;

The aircraft is the Carenado Mooney Ovation. When I start MSFS, set a flight plan, click 'FLY', click 'Ready to Fly', I'm in the cockpit and the panel is the same panel I've had the last few months. I'm not entirely sure what the bezel describes, but there are no additions to the original panel.

I do run Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo hardware.

I couldn't identify an LCD to light up. I've obtained screen captures of the initial screen #1: after the app opens, and #2, after clicking 'Settings". Looking through the forms I saw suggestion that the forum software doesn't accommodate attachments and to use sending email to support. Is that advisable here?
(04-12-2023, 09:21 PM)First off, be sure that you have selected the proper livery in MSFS that indicates it has the TDS GTN XI of your choice. You shouldn’t have to use the pop out.  dhhume Wrote: Hi;

The aircraft is the Carenado Mooney Ovation.  When I start MSFS, set a flight plan, click 'FLY', click 'Ready to Fly', I'm in the cockpit and the panel is the same panel I've had the last few months.  I'm not entirely sure what the bezel describes, but there are no additions to the original panel.  

I couldn't identify an LCD to light up. I've obtained screen captures of the initial screen #1: after the app opens, and #2, after clicking 'Settings".  Looking through the forms I saw suggestion that the forum software doesn't accommodate attachments and to use sending email to support.  Is that advisable here?
(04-12-2023, 09:45 PM)Simmer65 Wrote:
(04-12-2023, 09:21 PM)First off, be sure that you have selected the proper livery in MSFS that indicates it has the TDS GTN XI of your choice. You shouldn’t have to use the pop out.  dhhume Wrote: Hi;

The aircraft is the Carenado Mooney Ovation.  When I start MSFS, set a flight plan, click 'FLY', click 'Ready to Fly', I'm in the cockpit and the panel is the same panel I've had the last few months.  I'm not entirely sure what the bezel describes, but there are no additions to the original panel.  

I couldn't identify an LCD to light up. I've obtained screen captures of the initial screen #1: after the app opens, and #2, after clicking 'Settings".  Looking through the forms I saw suggestion that the forum software doesn't accommodate attachments and to use sending email to support.  Is that advisable here?

Thanks for the idea regarding compatible liveries.  Here's what I found: I use Addons Linker to populate the Community folder, and I'd added three liveries and linked them into the Community folder.  I couldn't locate any mention of TDS GTN Xi compatibility in any of those liveries, but, to be safe, I removed all three from the Community folder via Addons Linker.  I'm then left with 8 livery choices when I select the Mooney, all presumably default choices provided by the developer.  Again, no description of TDS GTN Xi compatibility, either YES or NO, in the images of any of them.  Am I looking in the wrong place? The liveries are located in My Hangar under my Profile.

I'm unsure - using default liveries that don't mention GTN compatibility either positive or negative.  Still looking for ideas.
I have the exact same problem. One hint to the issue is maybe the screen shot at page 9 in the installation manual..
It shows the GTNXi in Gauge mode and the two instruments integrated/replaced in the aircraft dashboard.
In my case those instruments are not present when the Avionics tab is selected just the message that the "....GTNXi is in Gauge Mode"

I don't have liveries mentioning GTNXi so I have no idea what's happening.

BTW: This is a big NEGATIVE for the TDS Sim. I've spent hours to find out that I need to select a livery to have the VC integration (no mention of that in their installation manual).
Just to find out that I don't have the required livery. Just spent 70$ on an airplane and in instrument and 1 day of frustration and still cannot use the product.
(04-30-2023, 12:39 PM)fastjet273 Wrote: I have the exact same problem. One hint to the issue is maybe the screen shot at page 9 in the installation manual..
It shows the GTNXi in Gauge mode and the two instruments integrated/replaced in the aircraft dashboard.
In my case those instruments are not present when the Avionics tab is selected just the message that the "....GTNXi is in Gauge Mode"

I don't have liveries mentioning GTNXi so I have no idea what's happening.

BTW: This is a big NEGATIVE for the TDS Sim. I've spent hours to find out that I need to select a livery to have the VC integration (no mention of that in their installation manual).
Just to find out that I don't have the required livery. Just spent 70$ on an airplane and in instrument and 1 day of frustration and still cannot use the product.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are not having a great experience, but we are here to help.

The FSW C414 has a livery selection, Carenado aircraft have a tablet selection. This is not something in our power, as it is the aircraft add-on manufacturer that codes a specific aircraft in their desired way. We strongly suggest referring to the aircraft's manual for clarifications.

In case you are asking about a Carenado aircraft, the selection is done via the virtual tablet located in the copilot's footwell.
Please let us know how it goes. We will make note of your advice.

We advise all customers to come and ask us in case they have any inconveniences or questions, as it saves both their time as well as provides a quick solution.
Hi! Thanks for the quick reply. Indeed I have the Carenado version and this was the missing information. In the meantime I also reached to TDS by email and I got the same instructions. All is good now. I wish this information was more easy to find since it's gonna save people a lot of frustrations.