This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe an Old Question, But...
I just started using the GTNXi on the Black Square King Air, and immediately found out that the date and time shown on-screen is NOT the actual date/time. My computer is up-to-date and the date and time are correct, and so is FS, so that wouldn't cause it. Last night, which was 2/25/23, the date and time on the unit showed 2/21/23 and the time was way off. I know the Navigraph charts are old and fixed, but are the time and date also going to be wrong?

Or is there a way to set them? That choice is non-clickable in the sim.

UPDATE: I am running the current version. in running the set-up, I noticed that the time and date were correct. This is without the sim running. I was thinking that another thread advised anyone running the WT 530 to remove/uninstall it, so I went and checked to see if it was in my system. It's not there, so I am wondering what could cause the date to be off when the sim is live. I'll do anther run and post my results.

-= Florida =-
-= Florida =-
Hello,

Can you please show us a screenshot of where you obtain the date/time, additionally, the MSFS date/time? The TDS GTNXi, when connected, should use the MSFS date/time.
(02-27-2023, 10:19 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Can you please show us a screenshot of where you obtain the date/time, additionally, the MSFS date/time? The TDS GTNXi, when connected, should use the MSFS date/time.

Two screenshots: 1st one is the Setup screen on your software, showing the correct time and date, with FS off-line - 2nd is a screenshot of my KingAir cockpit with the 750 on the Setup page, with my system time and date on the right. The time and date are correct in your software, but when I launch FS2020, the date shows 2/21/23 and an incorrect time compared to my Windows system.

The only way I could post these screens was to upload them to my Gab account, hence the link. The pictures should be the top post. Hope this will suffice. Your board needs to have a way to upload pictures without having a URL.

Edit: two links -
FS panel and System time
TDS software set-up screen
-= Florida =-
Hello,

Unfortunately we are not able to see the screenshots, can you please email them to us:

support@tdssim.com

Thank you.
(02-28-2023, 05:14 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Unfortunately we are not able to see the screenshots, can you please email them to us:

support@tdssim.com

Thank you.

Sent about an hour ago. Please overlook the e-mail address...I use several different ones and I sent the pictures from my Chromebook.
-= Florida =-
After analysis, this is not a bug, the TDS GTNXi reads the clock/date from within MSFS which could be different from the computer's clock.

This can be modified from within the MSFS In Game weather pop-up or the saved flight.
(02-28-2023, 07:43 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: After analysis, this is not a bug, the TDS GTNXi reads the clock/date from within MSFS which could be different from the computer's clock.

This can be modified from within the MSFS In Game weather pop-up or the saved flight.

So if I'm flying with Real Time and Weather, the read-out should be correct? The time and date on the panel seem to be stuck at 2/21/23 and approx. 1400 hours.
-= Florida =-
Well, that did it! I never even thought about checking to see if real time and weather were turned on. My bad! I have to remember to make sure of my settings before starting a flight, and too often I dismissively change the time because I fly a lot in the evenings (my local time) and want to see what I'm flying over. And so "1900 and dark" becomes "1100 and day."

That'll learn me, eh? Thanks, guys!
-= Florida =-
We are glad to hear this, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!