This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDS GTNXi not synchronising
Hello. I just bough TDS GTNXi. I am flying Carenado Pilatus PC-12 so the cockpit is equipped with two units. GTNXi and the “smaller unit”. The two do not seem to be linked. When I create a flight plan on the GTNXi the smaller unit does not update. Am I missing a step?
Also, nav sources seem to be coupled. Before GTNXi installation the plane was fitted with GTN530 and GTN430. I was able to change nav source on them independently. GTN530 was linked to Nav1 CDIand GTN430 to Nav2 CDI. With GTNXi changing nav source on one instantly changes the other so they are both running Nav1 CDImeaning the Nav2 CDI is not longer used for anything. Is this normal?
Thank you
Hello Bart,

Thank you for the questions, what you are asking for is a feature called crossfill, at the moment this is not simulated, but we are not saying no for a future version.

In regards to nav sources not being correlated, we will have to do research on our end, to see how to make it work just like in the GNS, it is on the to do list, with no ETA, depending on the MSFS SDK.
Thank you very much for such a quick response. At least I know my sim is running as you intended. I was worried  I might have a "wonky" installation. I hope the features will make it to a to-do list sometimes. In the mean while, thank you for your work  Smile
Thank you very much for your kind words, we take great care of customer requested features, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!
Hi There. I found some more inconstancies with Carenado Pilatus PC-12. When a flight plan is set up abut nd plane is off course I usually set a heading hold to intercept the desired track. Normally I would arm NAV mode and auto pilot would switch to NAV once desired track is being approached. In case of GTNXi once I click AP NAV (GPS mode) heading hold turns off and plane goes into nom-AP flight with NAV armed but flight path is not controlled enroute to the desired track. Same thing happens when I select APR instead of NAV mode (in VOR not GPS mode)

Also, I just tried to do an ILS approach at EGUB. Setting RWY19 frequency (110.95) causes CDI pointer to point north as opposed to 190deg. I then tried it with other runways. Every time I tune to an ILS frequency CDI is pointing straight north as opposed to runway direction.
With other planes, Milviz PC6 for example, when in heading hold and GPS Nav is selected, aircraft turns direct to waypoint immediately. If a course to waypoint is selected it is disregarded and plane heads directly to way point.

Additionally, in case of Carenado Pilatus PC-12, I cannot revert to GTN530/GTN430 config as heading hold no longer works. I would have to uninstall my newly purchased GTNXi.

Upon installation of "Offline trainer" I received a following error:
Installation failed. \AppData\Local\Temp\f8a552df-638c-4f83-86f6-31bd3ace0799.gtim file does not exist. Then I get a message box "Failed to install PC Trainer Dependency" (I tried in admin mode but this made no difference)

But the install process got completed and in TDS GPS Manager - 1.0.1.0 window GTNXI PC Trainer status is as "Installed". Under that reads "Installed Version: 3.3.1.0"

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bart
Hello Bart,

We are in the final stages of testing a new version which should solve the autopilot problems that you are experiencing, if you want to look it over, please send us a private message on our Discord and we can send you a test version.

In regards to the error message, this has to do with the GTNXi PC Trainer component, please do not use the offline method, start the base Aviation PC Trainer V3.3.1.0, from there navigate to the Version Manager tab, then scroll down until you find GTNXi PC Trainer V20.20.13 and click on Install.
(02-14-2023, 07:26 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Bart,

We are in the final stages of testing a new version which should solve the autopilot problems that you are experiencing, if you want to look it over, please send us a private message on our Discord and we can send you a test version.

In regards to the error message, this has to do with the GTNXi PC Trainer component, please do not use the offline method, start the base Aviation PC Trainer V3.3.1.0, from there navigate to the Version Manager tab, then scroll down until you find GTNXi PC Trainer V20.20.13 and click on Install.

I have, and had before, version 20.20.13.0 installed. I also have TXI 3.30.7.0 installed. Bother were done as default I suppose since I did not choose these options on installation.

Thank you so much for your assistance.
Here is a link to our Discord:
https://discord.gg/NupgPCUgsH

Please send a PM to the Admin: TDSSim

If you have the PC Trainer V20.20.13, then all is fine.