This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blank Screeens
Hello:

Purchased the product yesterday and have blank screens. I have been reading posts and based on suggestions have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, I do have gauges in the tds-gtnxi-gauge folder. 

I do have a TDSGTNXiExeLog file but it was last generated yesterday although I have reinstalled several times since if that means anything. The info in the file is:

[28/01/2023 23:04:57.935 00003fe8 INFO] TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe version 1.0.2.2

[28/01/2023 23:04:58.094 00000d48 ERROR] Failed finding any PC Trainer installed on the system

Thanks,

Dave
Hello Dave,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.

Based on the log file, it seems that you are missing the PC Trianer installation, this is a two step process.
With the TDS GTNXi closed, let's try resolving the issue.

For Step 1:
Did you install the base Aviation PC Trainer? If not, pelase download, then install from the link below:
https://download.garmin.com/avtrainerful...p_3600.zip

For Step 2:
Then access the installed Aviation PC Trainer, go to the version manager tab, from there scroll down until you see GTNXi PC Trainer v20.20.13, then click on install.

After confirming the install, with MSFS closed, please start the TDS GTNXi from the desktop shortcut and click on the GTN750Xi button, does the screen light up?

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
So I think everything maybe successfully installed. In addition I do have the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim icon on my desktop but when I try to run (as an administrator) nothing happens.

I also attached my ]TDSGPSManager log file if that helps.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   TDSGPSManager.txt (Size: 1.07 KB / Downloads: 1)
Hello Dave,

It seems that the installation went well, additionally, in your screenshot, we see that the TDS GTNXi is started, as it is shown on the taskbar, the opened programs, the second from the right to the left, the small GPS icon. Can you please reboot the PC, then start only the TDS GTNXi without MSFS?

Are you running multiple monitors?
If I were to open what is in my icon tray you would see what is shown on page 7 of the manual. (Attached Screen shoot labeled page 7) What I shold be seeing is what is on page 10 on the manual (Attached screen shot labeled page 10) correct?

I have rebooted several times, reinstalled several times, no change.

I am not using multiple monitors.

Attached Files
.pdf   Page 7.pdf (Size: 432.07 KB / Downloads: 3)
.pdf   Page 10.pdf (Size: 342.26 KB / Downloads: 3)
On page 7 of the manual is the TDS GPS Manager, this is the program used to download and install the main program called TDS GTNXi Flight Sim.
From within the TDS GPS Manager, please make sure to install the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim V1.0.2.2, then a shortcut for it will appear on your desktop.
I did. And although you can't see it in my screenshot, the icon is there, But when I try to run it (As an Administrator)  I get the windows "spinning wheel" for a second and then nothing happens,
Can you please send us via email the log file from My Documents called: TDSGTNXiExeLog.txt
Email address: support@tdssim.com
do you have the TDS GPS Manager opened in the background?
"Can you please send us via email the log file from My Documents called: TDSGTNXiExeLog.txt
Email address: support@tdssim.com"

That is the strange thing about all of this. That file has not changed since the first time I installed on 1/28. The file information and date of generation (1/28) has not changed since the initial post referenced above. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but that file does not change. Why would that be?