This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carenado M20R Ovation GTNXi VC Integration
Hello,

As per latest update from Carenado (V1.6) we've got finally the VC integration of the TDSSIM GTNXi.

Initially the integration seems to be fine, also the AP is working. Althought the 2D popup does not work, but that is not my primary issue.

My issue is, that randomally during flight, the GTNXi freezes.

Meaning, the display freezes and there is no interaction possible anymore with touchscreen.

I have these versions:
. Garmin Trainer version 3.3.1.0
. TDS GTNXi version 1.0.2.2
. Carenado M20R Version 1.6
. WT GNS Version 1.1.2

In the log it says:
GTNProxy::Open Services DLL Version: 1.0.2.2
[21/01/2023 08:46:43.759 000031cc INFO] SetInternalAPManagedModeLateral

Can you give me a lead what is going wrong here ?

Thanks,
Marc.
Hello Marc,

We are sorry to hear that the TDS GTNXi freezes during flight, we aere here to help.
When the TDS GTNXi freezes, can you please minimize MSFS (do not close it), then look in the Windows Task Manager, details tab, do you see these two processes:
TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe and gtn_simulator.exe?

Additionally, do you have any Windows Event Log/Applications tab crashes related to the processes above?
Hello,

After a weekend flying with the Mooney, freezing did not happen again.
So it must have been something with my system.
So fine for now !

Cheers, Marc,
Hello Marc,

In case you will ever experience a CTD, please help us by providing the Windows Event Log crash details and we will gladly help.

Please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!