This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very poor horizontal sensitivity for approaches
Plane: Just Flight PA28-161 Warrior.
TDS version: 1.0.2.1. (purchased)

I've tried to do several RNAV and ILS approaches with the GTN750xi and the gain is very poor when you get in close to the runway.  When the Source is set to GTN750xi (or 650) the CDI needles don't deflect enough when off course.  You can be 200+ feet off course and the needles will be centered.  This is for both GPS and VLOC when the source is the GTN.  If I go into settings in TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe and change the source to "Flight Simulator" (when on ILS) the needles deflect to where they should be on the approach.  However, on this setting you can't use the GPS.  Vertical accuracy seems to be pretty good maybe a little off.

Are there any settings I can adjust to turn up the gain on the CDI needles?
Thanks
Hello,

When the TDS GTNXi is in VLOC, we have no control over the horizontal needle, so this depends on the existing XML needle sensitivity. While we can't say for certain at this point, we think that this may be an issue with the JF Pipers, we will get in touch with JustFlight to discuss this issue. Sorry that we can't provide a much better answer at this point.
I'm saying that VLOC is correct and RNAV+LPV it is broken.

Correct:
[Image: y4mB4S_F2F-mvvgsasULv4URokL5zxpUPBPI2VgP...pmode=none]

Incorrect:
[Image: y4medEAXxpx8MWiCQ0drrOGOl0WJgfi3CCb0jE_w...pmode=none]
Yes, thank you, we will do our best to resolve this with JustFlight. In the meantime, we will analyze if there is something that can be done at the XML level.