This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTN still not working with new WT GNS
WT GNS is supposed to be fixed and compatible, however I still can not use the GTN with the WT GNS in the Blacksquare Caravan...

Initially when loading the plane, the WT GNS does not show anything, black screen and nothing works, so I change in the panel.cfg and add that "?index=2" that I read somewhere.

With that "fix", now both units are showing ok and apparently working, however the WT GNS which is unit no. 2 is the one controlling the HSI and not the GTN as unit No. 1. Also when I change the CDI from GPS to VLOC, both units change, GTN and GNS when they should be totally independent.

Finally when I am using the GTN with the default GNS, (not the updated WT), everything pretty much works ok except for the fact that both units change the CDI when switching GPS/VLOC, but the default GNS even crossload info from the GTN active leg so that works very well, however it does not work then using the "updated WT'...

I don't see any issues being commented in the forum, so am I the only one seeing this problem? Do I miss something? Does someone has any advice to correct the issues?

Thanks and regards:
(12-25-2022, 05:14 PM)ccapilot Wrote: WT GNS is supposed to be fixed and compatible, however I still can not use the GTN with the WT GNS in the Blacksquare Caravan...

Initially when loading the plane, the WT GNS does not show anything, black screen and nothing works, so I change in the panel.cfg and add that "?index=2" that I read somewhere.

With that "fix", now both units are showing ok and apparently working, however the WT GNS which is unit no. 2 is the one controlling the HSI and not the GTN as unit No. 1. Also when I change the CDI from GPS to VLOC, both units change, GTN and GNS when they should be totally independent.

Finally when I am using the GTN with the default GNS, (not the updated WT), everything pretty much works ok except for the fact that both units change the CDI when switching GPS/VLOC, but the default GNS even crossload info from the GTN active leg so that works very well, however it does not work then using the "updated WT'...

I don't see any issues being commented in the forum, so am I the only one seeing this problem? Do I miss something? Does someone has any advice to correct the issues?

Thanks and regards:
I use Black Square C308 with TDS GNS.. But I use it stand alone outside the plane on touch screen monitor ... It's my primary and I load FP in that.  It transfers to in dash units... The only thing I've noticed is the auto pilot is now very quirky... Hard to enable.. Since update...
Hello,

We are looking into the specific C208 from BlackSquare for a different fix, as we have stated in our Discord, the C208 has both GPS software assigned to the same Unit Index (Unit=1) hence the problems. We will discuss this internally with BlackSquare to find a proper fix, which may have to come from the aircraft side.