This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undocking problem with VC
I have a few aircraft that have the TDS GTNXi on the panel. Everything works as expected except when I ALT Left Click the mouse the GNTXi does not pop up, the MSFS 530 pops up. Not sure what I am missing.
Hello,

Unfortunately we do not handle undocking panels, this is done on the aircraft add-on level and such bugs should be reported to the aircraft developer. We are sorry.
@mhilbert What aircraft are you wanting to use in pop up mode? The problem isn't with the aircraft, it's with MSFS and how it can no longer handle 2D gauges like we had in FSX and P3D. TDS is also partly to "blame" as they never even bothered to create a small utility to allow the user to easily change the mode in which they would like to use their GTN-750 in planes that support 'gauge mode'. Each plane that supports the TDS in gauge mod (none popped up or on another monitor) I have to manually edit the panel.cfg file for that aircraft and simply // comment out any reference to either the TDS or PMS GTN-750's (never comment out all GPS units as plane requires the default GPS unit to "hook into" for NAV modes)

Basically you can only use the TDS GTN-750Xi one way, either running externally as a "pop up" application or in gauge mode in MSFS in the virtual cockpit, not both. I prefer to run it externally on a completely separate small 10" touch screen monitor mounted vertically below my main gaming monitor.
@Jocko Flocko I am using Black Square's analogue Caravan. I just recently moved from FSX to MSFS. It is a shame that MSFS does not support 2D gauges. I am trying to use realsim gear for the 750 and 650. It is also disappointing that when the 750 window is ontop of MSFS, MSFS loses the focus and I have to click on the screen with the mouse, and the 750 disappears when I do that on the aircraft without VC support. Can you share an example of the panel.cfg?
Yeah, no problem. Go into your community folder and find the Black Square 208 panel folder. For me, since I'm on steam, it's at:

C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\bksq-aircraft-analogcaravan\SimObjects\Airplanes\bksq-aircraft-analogcaravan\panel

When you're in your community folder this is how the file structure will look whether or not you're on Steam or the MS Store version.

bksq-aircraft-analogcaravan\SimObjects\Airplanes\bksq-aircraft-analogcaravan\panel

Make sure you make a backup of your panel.cfg file. I simply renamed mine to panel.cfg.bkp You could also zip the file and call it panel_cfg_bkp as well or simply move it to a backup folder outside of MSFS.

Attached to this post is a new panel.cfg file that I simply commented out the TDS & PMS GTN units. You will however have to use the rotary switch in the cockpit of the Black Square 208 to select the default MSFS GNS 530 as your virtual cockpit GPS. You'll now be able to use the TDS GTN-750Xi in pop-up mode as you can with aircraft that don't support the 750 in gauge mode. After doing that simply double click the TDS GTN icon in your system tray, it's right next to your date and time on the windows taskbar.

We really shouldn't have to do this as creating a small utility to do this would be very easy to code into the current TDS GTN-750Xi manager.

Attached Files
.zip   PANEL.zip (Size: 893 bytes / Downloads: 4)
(12-05-2022, 11:36 PM)Jocko Flocko Wrote: Yeah, no problem. Go into your community folder and find the Black Square 208 panel folder. For me, since I'm on steam, it's at:

C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\bksq-aircraft-analogcaravan\SimObjects\Airplanes\bksq-aircraft-analogcaravan\panel

When you're in your community folder this is how the file structure will look whether or not you're on Steam or the MS Store version.

bksq-aircraft-analogcaravan\SimObjects\Airplanes\bksq-aircraft-analogcaravan\panel

Make sure you make a backup of your panel.cfg file. I simply renamed mine to panel.cfg.bkp You could also zip the file and call it panel_cfg_bkp as well or simply move it to a backup folder outside of MSFS.

Attached to this post is a new panel.cfg file that I simply commented out the TDS & PMS GTN units. You will however have to use the rotary switch in the cockpit of the Black Square 208 to select the default MSFS GNS 530 as your virtual cockpit GPS. You'll now be able to use the TDS GTN-750Xi in pop-up mode as you can with aircraft that don't support the 750 in gauge mode. After doing that simply double click the TDS GTN icon in your system tray, it's right next to your date and time on the windows taskbar.

We really shouldn't have to do this as creating a small utility to do this would be very easy to code into the current TDS GTN-750Xi manager.
Awesome. Thank you.