This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Velocity & RV14 black screen
Hi guys,

Pretty much fed up with it all now, so looking for some help. Last week the velocity XL and GTN worked fine both integrated and outside the cockpit, all good, the RV14 did not however. I reinstalled both the TDS manager,v20.20 of the GTNXI and the RV14 and selected TDS and as a standalone all works absolutely fine.

I can fly both aircraft with the GTN outside the cockpit, the ac responds to selections so is definitely being controlled by the Garmin trainer software. However both in cockpit GTN screens are black and of course every time I make a selection in the cockpit the GTN window disappears as I believe it cant be displayed in a window if it is supposed to be a full VC.

I have no antivirus software other than standard windows 10 defender but I had no pop ups with that nor does it look like its blocked anything, I have also rebooted the PC and started the TDS before starting MSFS, it does however start automatically as expected. There is no reference to gauge mode on the velocity whereby there was last week.

Any advice going forward?

Regards Stu
(11-06-2022, 06:15 PM)18889 Wrote: Hi guys,

Pretty much fed up with it all now, so looking for some help. Last week the velocity XL and GTN worked fine both integrated and outside the cockpit, all good, the RV14 did not however. I reinstalled both the TDS manager,v20.20 of the GTNXI and the RV14 and selected TDS and as a standalone all works absolutely fine.

I can fly both aircraft with the GTN outside the cockpit, the ac responds to selections so is definitely being controlled by the Garmin trainer software. However both in cockpit GTN screens are black and of course every time I make a selection in the cockpit the GTN window disappears as I believe it cant be displayed in a window if it is supposed to be a full VC.

I have no antivirus software other than standard windows 10 defender but I had no pop ups with that nor does it look like its blocked anything, I have also rebooted the PC and started the TDS before starting MSFS, it does however start automatically as expected. There is no reference to gauge mode on the velocity whereby there was last week.

Any advice going forward?

Regards Stu

Probably still windows defender...
Hello Stu,

We are sorry to hear this and we are willing to help you get this problem solved, please work with us and you will be certain that you will enjoy the TDS GTNXi in no time.

At first, please navigate to the MSFS Community folder and confirm that there is a tds-gtnxi-gauge folder with a WASM file inside, this enabled gauge mode.
Are you using MSFS Add-on linker or other software that may interfere?

Not to worry, we will find a solution, we always do!

Best regards.
(11-06-2022, 10:28 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Stu,

We are sorry to hear this and we are willing to help you get this problem solved, please work with us and you will be certain that you will enjoy the TDS GTNXi in no time.

At first, please navigate to the MSFS Community folder and confirm that there is a tds-gtnxi-gauge folder with a WASM file inside, this enabled gauge mode.
Are you using MSFS Add-on linker or other software that may interfere?

Not to worry, we will find a solution, we always do!

Best regards.

Hi folks there is no file in there vaguely similar , only a SWS-aircraft-vans14-tdsgtnxi folder but I can’t see any WASM file in it? The velocity folder is bisque-aircraft-velocityxl but I see no WASM file in there?

All windows defender and firewall is off as it keeps reminding me, not sure what add on linker is?

Cheers Stu
Hello Stu,

Can you please attempt another install of the TDS GTNXi using the TDS GPS Manager, just the flight sim component v1.0.2.0.
If the tds-gtnxi-gauge folder is not installed correctly in the MSFS community folder, please send us via email, the log file called: TDSGPSManager.txt located in My Documents. The email address is: support@tdssim.com
Will do thanks very much ??