This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows Defender detects TDS software as a Trojan.
Goodnight,

First of all I have to say that I have been using the GTNXi since the last one was released yesterday, without any problem.

Today I started the simulator with the Cessna 414AW Chancellor (a plane I used yesterday without any problem) and the GTNXi did not start when I activated the avionics.

I try changing planes, and using Milviz's Cessna 310 and the same thing happens.

Surprised, I launch the desktop version and the GTNXi opens its window but it stays the same as on airplanes within MSFS: its black screen.

Looking deeper, I see an alert from the Microsoft Windows Defender program warning me that it has detected a serious threat and quarantined a file.

The threat is detected as Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml

The file they quarantine:
C:\Users\miguel\AppData\Local\Temp\TDS\Temporary\GTNXi EXE Flight Simulator\TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE\TDSGTNServices.dll
and
C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE\TDSGTNServices.dll

Using GTNXi Trainer version: 3.3.1.0
Using program version for MSFS: 1.0.2.0

Well, if I give the exception to the threat through Windows Defender, that is, I "ignore" the warning (and therefore that file is not quarantined), GTNXi starts correctly whether I launch it on the desktop or inside of the simulator.

My questions are:
is it correct to do this i.e. ignore this kind of threat in antivirus software?
Can I still make this exception without problem to use the software or shouldn't I?
Why is it now (and not before) that the TDS GTN is detected as carrying a Trojan?

Thanks for the help.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us, the TDS GTNXi does not contain any viruses, what you are seeing is a false positive due to Windows Defender acting up. We are not sure what has changed in the Windows Defender definitions to detect our file as a virus, but we make absolutely sure that the files that we distribute are not infected.

The best course of action is to set an permanent exception inside Windows Defender and whenever you install the TDS GTNXi to temporarily disable the antivirus.

Thank you.