This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unit Crashing/Freezing
Hi, hope you can help on this issue.

I am attempting to use the 750 in the Black Square Analogue King Air. I have the normal start-up screen for the 750 appearing fine. I click on continue to move to the database screen etc, and then I get to the home screen with the various menu items. Within approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute after entering this part, the 750 will freeze, and I can't continue using it. There have been occasions where I have made it into the setup section or even the flight plan section, but I still have the same issue.

Version 1.0.2.0 is installed. The latest version of the Black Square King Air is also installed as well (v0.1.2). Have also uninstalled and reinstalled both trainer and 750.

Exceptions have been put into my anti-virus software, but this hasn't solved the problem either. (I did also try with anti-virus off completely but no luck there).

I also tested by just loading from the TDS GTNXi icon (without the sim running), and also experience a crash/freeze with it as well.

Any ideas on this one?

Many thanks.
It seems the solution is to put an exception in the firewall for gtn_simulator.exe. I know from reading that this helps those who have performance issues but also seems to do the job for those experiencing anything similar to what I had.

Problem is solved by the looks of it.
Hello,

We are glad to heat that you have found the solution and we thank you for posting it.
Please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!
It seems I spoke too soon. Had the same issue this morning. It seems there is a conflict with the unit and SmartCars tracking for VA flying. Not quite sure what's causing the conflict there, but it seems to be ok when loading up SmartCars after powering up the 750.