This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Management of GTN750 > Video
I have one C310R equiped with dual GTN750Xi. One of my YouTube videos is about the use of this device.
I found only one fail: when visual landing is selected the AP not disconnect automatically, must be disconnected manually.
Here is the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dITnbHSxAeI

Hope enjoy it,
Kind regards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Va pensiero sull'ali dorate...
Hello,

Even though the TDS GTNXi can perform exceptional autopilot controlled landings, according to the manual and regulations, the pilot is not allowed to fly until the runway, but must disconnect the autopilot at minimums and hand fly the aircraft. The Visual Approach function is designed for "advisory", according to the real GTNXI manual page 3-142!
The GTNXi can not override or control the master autopilot, this would be really dangerous!

Congratulations on the nice video!
Thanks for the congrats.
On many real life aircrafts when are a manual input on the controls, the autopilot automatically disconnect. I supose is not problem of GTN, may be the autopilot himself or the airplane. I don't know in the real plane how it work.
However, with this experience, I'm beware to put off the autopilot before visual landing.

Kind regards.
Va pensiero sull'ali dorate...