This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My opinion about the product so far...
Hi,

Very nice product that i was waiting for, very detailed, working together with the trainer so comparable with the real life one.

What you didn't tell us was this:

1. Flying on autopilot connected to the product will give jerkey movements  at every heading change (and not only on intercepting the ILS, wich you stated after pushing the purchase button).

2. Frame rate reduces a lot connected with the GTNXi, stutters all over the place...flyable, but not nice. 

I have a high end system and using ULTRA settings all the time and have no FR problems whats so ever.

Unless you provide me with a solution (at least for the stuttering) i will decide not to use the GTNXi....so i have another waisted 50 euro's.

Not te be nasty, but it seems you where not completely honest about the pro's and con's in your advertisements and statements about your product.

I hope you prove i am wrong.

Kind regards,
Ben
Hello Ben,

We are sorry to hear that you are not having a good experience with the TDS GTNXi. We are here to help you get the problems sorted so you can enjoy the product.
Please understand that this is a very complex product which required a lot of work to get to this state. We are committed to improving it further.

Regarding the autopilot jerkiness, this is a well known issue, it is a MSFS limitation which will be solved in subsequent versions of MSFS.
Saying that we are misleading our customers is an inaccuracy. Prior to purchasing the TDS GTNXi, there is a big pop-up message informing potential customers about this temporary problem.
Also, the manual is available on the sales page, prior to purchasing the product, where this problem is described in detail.
By correctly informing our customers about this limitation, we know that we have done our part and we have accurately and correctly informed them before purchasing the software.
Maybe you may have missed the warning, but it is there and it has been there all long. We have attached a screenshot of the sales website prior to purchase.
Needless to say, this problem will be solved in the future.

It is very odd that you are reporting frame rate issues with the TDS GTNXi. We did not hear of such reports from other customers or from testing the software.
Can you please test if it is the GTNXi connection or drawing the window, it is very simple: start MSFS in free flight mode and start the TDS GTNXi but close both the GTNXi750 and GTNXi650 windows. Do you still see the frame rate drop?

We are committed to solving all known problems and improving performance of the software.
We will gladly work with you to improve any areas of our software so you can be satisfied by it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi,

Thank you for jumping into my message.

Your program sets the standard....but only when it is NOT inducing stutters.....

I didn't say you are misleading by the way, i wrote that you where not completely honest about possible con's, for me (as stated before) the AP beeing jerkey is no real issue, but the again i have the question why the other GNS product (wich is not to compare with your because yours is much more true to life) does not have it.....while you state it is a MSFS shortcoming.

Indeed I did misread (a part of) your warning after i pushed the Purchase button....i only read that it can be jerkey intercepting the ILS (Wich i alway's do handflying, so no issue)...but you wrote jerkey "turning OR intercepting ILS". So my bad.
On the other hand, IMHO opinion you should write this more upfront, together with all the pro's you wrote in the advertisement.....but it is your business and you choosed to do in this way.

I did what you asked to test and i do hope the stuttering will be solved so i can enjoy your GNTXi.

I found out that opening the program induces stutters, sometimes the main interface screen is flickering...sometimes it is stable......closing screens in three stages gives less and less stutters.......closing the 650 gives gives less stutters, closing the 750 gives even less stutters and closing the main interface gets rid of the stutters.
So the stutters are there and the more program is open, the more stutters.

Again....it is not that i can not fly having the GTNXi running....but i want a smooth and fluid experience and that is not possible having the GTNXi running.

Regards,
Ben

New test....

I went to the developpermode to check the FR counter.

When i start the GTNXi, FR drop drom 32 to 26.

When i then click in the active MSFS window FR rise up to 30-31.

So when the GTNXi is the active window (for example when you work in it during flight) it cost 6 FR, but when you finished working in the GTNXi and click in the MSFS window to make that the active window again the GTNXi cost 1-2 FR.

This is workable for me, but i rather didn't have this.

What is your opinion on this?

regards,
Ben

To be fair...... i judged too soon.

Did some more tests.

When GTNXi is not the active window, FR drop 1-2 frames.

When i open TrackIR and place the Track IR window on my second monitor......it drops 1-2 FR too.

Regards,
Ben

So i suppose the 1-2 FR drop is just common in every program interfacing with MSFS out of a second monotor.
Hello Ben,

Our aim is to keep on improving the TDS GTNXi in terms of performance. In our development cycle we will schedule a performance review and we will do our best to make this the best possible experience.
If you are willing to take part into such tests when the time will come, please let us know.

Since we are talking about computers and Windows, of course that there is some performance hit when opening up any window.
Thank you for giving us a fair and honest response on performance, we appreciate it.

As soon as the autopilot fix will be implemented in the SDK, the TDS GTNXi will be updated accordingly.

If you have any questions or problems, as always, please let us know.
Hello,
I have the same problems as Ben, namely regular jerks every 4 to 6 seconds which totally spoil the pleasure of flying.
These jerks are present as soon as I fly with an aircraft that accepts Gtnxi, (Cessna 414/Piper Just Flight), whether Gtnxi is active in the cockpit or not.
The only way to get back to a smooth flight with these aircraft is to deactivate the Tdn Gtn xi in the taskbar.
This is not a Defender issue as it is not active on my PC, nor is it a problem with my Eset Antivirus.
The problem is only related to Gtn xi and so it turns out that for me it is completely unusable :-(
I am very disappointed, especially since the Gtn 750 works perfectly.
Sincerely
Hervé

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Hello,

This post is very old and the content is outdated. We have since completely overhauled the autopilot system and it is extremely smooth now.

Herve, in regards to the problems that you are experiencing, we are more than willing to assist you in resolving them, please send us your full system specs via email at:
support@tdssim.com and we will continue discussion there. Thank you.
(09-30-2022, 07:33 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

This post is very old and the content is outdated. We have since completely overhauled the autopilot system and it is extremely smooth now.

Herve, in regards to the problems that you are experiencing, we are more than willing to assist you in resolving them, please send us your full system specs via email at:
support@tdssim.com and we will continue discussion there. Thank you.

Thank you. I send you an email.
Dear Sir any help? (see figure)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-01-2022, 07:08 PM)robjuca Wrote: Dear Sir any help? (see figure)

Hello,

Can you please contact us via email at: support@tdssim.com