This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timeout upgrading trainer version from v3.2.3.0
Hi, the software has been working great (no problems) since I purchased a few months ago but I noticed there was an update recently for trainer (I'm on 3.2.3.0) but I've tried a dozen times now to update and it gets to around 15-19% and then the program simply stops and says 0 mins left.  When I try to quit the update program windows says program is not responding so it force closes it.

I was able to update the other part to 1.0.1.9 (since it was quick) but have been unable to update the trainer module.  Any ideas? 

Thank you.
Hello,

Are you trying to update from within the TDS GPS Manager and the timeout error message is being given by the TDS GPS Manager?
(09-12-2022, 08:00 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Are you trying to update from within the TDS GPS Manager and the timeout error message is being given by the TDS GPS Manager?

Hi, thank you for responding.  Yes I am using TDS GPS Manager and start the update to latest trainer version and it slowly increases to between 15-19% complete and then just freezes with no further update (and says 0 mins remaining).  I've tried about a dozen times to update.  So "time out" may not be the correct term as it just stops updating and TDS Manager has to be force closed (as it is not responding).  btw, What does the training update contain?
Hello,

Can you please try manually downloading the base Aviation PC Trainer as well as the GTNXi PC Trainer Component V20.20, from the link below:
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download...p?id=12373

Thank you.
(09-12-2022, 06:47 PM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Can you please try manually downloading the base Aviation PC Trainer as well as the GTNXi PC Trainer Component V20.20, from the link below:
https://www8.garmin.com/support/download...p?id=12373

Thank you.

Thank you.  I can download that but it says I already have that installed.  I'm upgrading from 3.2.3.0 to the latest version according to TDS GPS Manager which is 3.3.1.0, so is there a link to directly download 3.3.1.0?
Hello,

After you install and run it, make sure to install the GTNXi PC Trainer V20.20.13 component from the Version Manager tab.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
(09-13-2022, 08:59 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

Yes, please try this link:
https://download.garmin.com/avtrainerful...p_3310.zip

After you install and run it, make sure to install the GTNXi PC Trainer V20.20.13 component from the Version Manager tab.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Thank you, I was able to install 3.3.1.0 directly from Garmin.  Everything working great!
Great to hear that, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!