This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTN 750 Not Working with the Carenado Seneca V
Hello,

Tried loading the 750 with the above airplane in MSFS2020, and it loads on the panel, but it does not turn on with the avionics master switch. Tried clicking all buttons on the unit, but I cannot get it to turn on. What am I missing? Thanks.

Ray
Hello Ray,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help. As a first test, with MSFS closed, please start the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim from the desktop shortcut and click on the GTN750XI button. Does the screen light up?
(09-12-2022, 08:03 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Ray,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help. As a first test, with MSFS closed, please start the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim from the desktop shortcut and click on the GTN750XI button. Does the screen light up?

Hi!

Yes it does. On the desktop, I am able to open the 750 and it works normally.

Ray
This is good as a first step.

Let's make sure that you have the TDS GTNXi Add-on installed, please look for a folder called "tds-gtnxi-gauge" in the MSFS Community folder.
If it is in place, after loading the PC12, you must wait for about 2-3 minutes during the first time, for MSFS to compile the WASM gauge, after which the gauge will instantly work.
(09-13-2022, 09:00 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: This is good as a first step.

Let's make sure that you have the TDS GTNXi Add-on installed, please look for a folder called "tds-gtnxi-gauge" in the MSFS Community folder.
If it is in place, after loading the PC12, you must wait for about 2-3 minutes during the first time, for MSFS to compile the WASM gauge, after which the gauge will instantly work.

Hi,

Yes, I do show that folder. Last time I flew the PC12 it worked okay. Is the Carenado Seneca V the addon I'm having issues with. I'll wait the 2-3 minutes anyway and see what happens. Don't remember waiting that long in the PC12 or the 414. What's next? Thanks.

Ray
Hello Raym

The Carenado Seneca V does not include support for the TDS GTNXi, we are sorry for this. It is up to the aircraft add-on developer to include support for the TDS GTNXi.
(09-14-2022, 12:13 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Raym

The Carenado Seneca V does not include support for the TDS GTNXi, we are sorry for this. It is up to the aircraft add-on developer to include support for the TDS GTNXi.

Hi,

Really? It does display it in the virtual ipad contained within the addon, it is selectable, and the unit does pop up within the VC when is selected. Which leads me to believe it is supported. I'll check their website again.

Also, it does not work in the 414, and in that addon, it did work last week. It is working in the Carenado PC12. Comes up right away after turning the avionic buses on. 

Ray

(09-14-2022, 12:45 AM)raylemus Wrote:
(09-14-2022, 12:13 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello Raym

Hi,

Really? It does display it in the virtual ipad contained within the addon, it is selectable, and the unit does pop up within the VC when is selected. Which leads me to believe it is supported. I'll check their website again.

Also, it does not work in the 414, and in that addon, it did work last week. It is working in the Carenado PC12. Comes up right away after turning the avionic buses on. 

Ray
Okay, I see. It supports another GTN750. Thanks. Solves this problem. Thanks. I got to now troubleshoot why is no longer working with the Cessna 414.

Okay guys. I solved it. Just discovered there are multiple selectable options for the GTNs, and I only have the TDS version. Thanks so much for answering to help. Take care and blue skies. See Yah!

Ray