This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTNXi with Carenado PC12
How do I use the TDS GTNXi 750 with the new Carenado PC12 for MSFS? This PC12 is supposed to have an option to use the GTNXi 750, but I can't figure out how to enable it.

If I start the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim application before starting MSFS, it still allows me to start the 750 in standalone mode, but as soon as I start a flight with the new PC12, the TDS GTNXi 750 app terminates. Furthermore, the MSFS aircraft does not show the GTNxi 750. It shows a Garmin 530 and 430. 

I would actually like to run the 750 in standalone mode with this aircraft, but it doesn't seem to allow that. I thought that maybe if the 750 were shown in the virtual cockpit, I could pop out the window and drag it to another screen. But at this point, I don't even see how to enable the GTNxi 750 in the PC12.

The information on the tdssim.com page says "No need to install any mods, selection of the TDS GTNXi is done through the add-on's tablet/configuration tools". Where are the "add-on's tablet/configuration tools"? Which add-on is it talking about and where can I find that? The MSFS Marketplace download for the aircraft doesn't leave any configuration tools that I can find.
Hello, there is a hidden clickspot which will bring up the virtual tablet from where you select the GTN750Xi. The clickspot is located on the magazine holder in the footwell of the copilot.

[Image: carpc12_tablet.jpg]
Thanks for that tip, but I still have a problem.

When I activate the GTNxi 750 it shows in the virtual cockpit. However, if I start the GTNxi 750 Flight Sim app after that, it just says "TDS GTNxi in Gauge Mode". What I want is to be able to run it on a separate (touch) screen, i.e., in standalone mode. Is there a way to do that? I tried the standard MSFS ALT+Click method to detach the window from the cockpit, but it shows me the Garmin 530 instead.
Yes, you can run it as a standalone (not in gauge mode), but you will lose the VC ability. At the moment we can't have both at the same time.
To do this, please remove the gtn-gtnxi-gauge add-on package from the MSFS Community folder.
Perfect! Thanks!

I'm building an Air Manager panel for this aircraft and want the 750 on the same touchscreen. To me, it's senseless to have a touch-screen GPS like the 750 where you can't use touch as on the real device. So, anyway, thanks again.
Excellent, please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!
I'm reading this and trying to do the same thing. run real Sim Gear GTN 750 as a stand-alone.
I am confused as to what I have to remove. I went into the community folder and removed the TDS-gtnxi-gauge folder but when I started MSFS I could not select the 750 on the tablet.
Exactly what file am I to remove?
Hello, as it is now, you have a choice of having the TDS GTNXi as a standalone (and working with RSG) or as a PC-12 VC Integrated option. For the first, you have removed the correct folder.
(09-10-2022, 09:53 AM)sogib Wrote: I'm reading this and trying to do the same thing. run real Sim Gear GTN 750 as a stand-alone.
I am confused as to what I have to remove. I went into the community folder and removed the TDS-gtnxi-gauge folder but when I started MSFS I could not select the 750 on the tablet.
Exactly what file am I to remove?

You removed the correct folder. To run standalone, you need to start the TDS GTNxi app separately from MSFS. It will communicate with MSFS automatically.