This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TDS GTN stopped working after update
Hi,
I tried to update to version 1.0.1.8 via the GPS manager. The installation ended with a TDSGTN.services error. I tried again and it ended with a sim.connect error. Now it shows the correct version but the screens of the GTN stay black.

What can I do to get it back to work?

Thank you!

Edit doesn't work, so here is my edit:
I tried the trainer from the app, all black here as well. Do I have to uninstall and reinstall everything?
Further update: I reinstalled both, the Trainer and the GTN software, still no luck, all screens in all airplanes remain black. The exclusions in the defender are also set as described.

I'm out of ideas...
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.
Most likely the cause of the error messages when upgrading were that the TDS GTNXi was running in the background, the best course of action is to reboot the PC and then attempt an update/reinstall.

In order to troubleshoot your issue, please start the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim from the desktop shortcut and then click on the GTN750Xi window. Please let us know if it lights up.
Additionally do you have FRAPS installed?
It does not light up. No, I don't have FRAPS. And the program was NOT running in the background when I updated it.
Another update:
I uninstalled the Garmin Trainer Software via the Windows Control Panel and reinstalled it. The TDS NXi Software Version 1.0.1.8 was NOT uninstalled together with the GARMIN software. A reinstall of that part resulted in the same error (TDSGTNservices.dll error). Still, nothing works on no airplane. I do NOT have the PMS GTN 750 installed. I have set the exclusions with Windows Defender.

Please advise how I can use the software again, thank you.

Regards
Gunter
Hello Gunter,

Which antivirus software are you running? After you get the install error, please close the TDS GPS Manager and then send us the log file called TDSGPSManager.txt located in My Documents. Please send it via email at support@tdssim.com
We will get back to you via email after analyzing the log so we can see the cause of the problem.
As I wrote, I use the defender and did set the exclusions.
The log file comes via e-mail, thank you.