This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTNXi very laggy in Milviz 310
Hello, 

I just installed the GTNXi and attempted to use it with the Milviz Cessna 310, but the screen was extremely laggy. The sim runs completely fine and the GTNXi screen is the only thing that lags. I am not sure what is causing the problem and MSFS, GTNXi, and garmin software is up to date. I have tried a full reinstall of the GTNXi software and Garmin trainer software to no avail. This problem does not persist when I use the GTNXi independently in a separate window and seems to only happen when using the GTNXi in the vc. 

Software version is 20.20.13 
GTNXi PC Trainer 3.2.3.0
TDS GTNXi Flight Simulator 1.0.1.8
MSFS 1.26.5.0
I just installed the GTNXi for use the Milviz 310 and the instant I select the GTNxi integration my fps drops from 70+ to less than 20 and becomes unusable.  I have the latest versions of the software as I just purchased/installed today.

I should note that I also have GTNXi enabled in the Sting S4 and there is no lag introduced.  So GTNxi is currently not usable for me with 310.

I don't have the flysimware 414 but I noticed in their discord channel they had the same issue with dual GTNXi screens and the "workaround" was to manually disable one of the screens by editing the panel.cfg file.  

In short I believe there is a bug with dual GTNXi that seems to have a significant performance hit.
The overall sim fps is fine for me, it is just the GTNXi screen that is lagging. I'll attempt to edit the cfg later to see if the workaround you mention helps.
You should be able to fly with both screens active.. Have you applied the MS Defender exclusions?

https://imgur.com/a/G5uLQrJ
(06-26-2022, 08:12 PM)bpieke Wrote: You should be able to fly with both screens active.. Have you applied the MS Defender exclusions?

https://imgur.com/a/G5uLQrJ

Yes, I have gone through all the steps in the forum post titled "TDS GTNXi Performance Improvements" to no avail. I have tried a full reinstall of the software multiple times as well as using older versions of the garmin training software. It is not the sim that is lagging, it is just the screen of the GTNXi in the virtual cockpit.
Hello,

If you use a default MSFS add-on that does not have a GTNXi VC integration and the TDS GTNXi into standalone mode, do you still have lag?
(06-26-2022, 09:53 PM)admin Wrote: Hello,

If you use a default MSFS add-on that does not have a GTNXi VC integration and the TDS GTNXi into standalone mode, do you still have lag?

There is no lag when using the standalone TDS GTNXi Flight Sim program, it is only when it's integrated in the virtual cockpit (only one I have is the 310).
Unfortunately this still makes us think that there is an antivirus problem/performance post fix not applied correctly. Which antivirus program are you using?
(06-28-2022, 10:35 AM)admin Wrote: Unfortunately this still makes us think that there is an antivirus problem/performance post fix not applied correctly. Which antivirus program are you using?

Quite funny since I don't run any third party antivirus (just default windows defender). I've included a screenshot of the exclusions (which don't help at all in my case unfortunately). https://imgur.com/a/MTfBHJ5

Side note: makes me wonder if it's a conflict with the pmdg or fenix, probably shouldn't be though.
Can you please temporarily disable Windows Defender and try again?

Additionally, what are you system specs? We are interested in the disk drivers, if you have a HDD/SSD (or multiple)?