This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the TDS GTNXi with the Microsoft Pilatus Porter Steam Gauge version
Lightbulb 
Fantastic product btw, I love being able to use the GTN 750 externally on my small vertical touch-screen monitor, works AWESOME!

The Microsoft Pilatus PC-6 steam gauge version is fantastic and I really enjoy flying it, the only problem is that even though MS/Asobo stuck GPS units in the cockpit it has no autopilot. At first figured I would simply edit the aircraft's systems.cfg file as most of the aircraft already have an autopilot section near the bottom and you simply have to change autopilot_available =0 to autopilot_available =1.

It doesn't work. :/

Could this be due to the fact that the Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Wheels and Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Skis version lack an autopilot gauge in the virtual cockpit? Or could be something as simple as a msfs sim variable edit? I do know that unfortunately FS2020 no longer supports 2D popup gauges so it's not as easy as adding one to the panel.cfg like in the old days. I use the Garmin/Saitek multi-panel for autopilot and COM2/NAV2 control so I don't need a gauge to interact with to use the AP commands... I'm stumped at this point and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the location of the aircraft's on my system for example:
Wheels: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\microsoft-aircraft-pilatus-pc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Wheels

Ski's: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\microsoft-aircraft-pilatus-pc6\SimObjects\Airplanes\Microsoft_Pilatus_PC6_Gauge_Skis
Unfortunately adding an autopilot is not as easy as a system.cfg file change, as it is indeed missing from the 3d gauges. This would mean that the TDS GTNXi does not benefit from the autopilot, thus you can't experience the full power of the TDS GTNXi when coupled to the autopilot.
I was actually able to get it working by installing this: https://github.com/FS2020-USER-TESTER/KA...OD-PACKAGE

I then added the correct electrical configuration for the AP in the systems.cfg and enabling the flight director under the [Autopilot] section. It's working fantastic now. Smile