This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
error installing
Hello,

We are sorry that you are having problems updating the TDS GTNXi. Most likely the issue has to do with the software running in the background. Please reboot the PC, then right after reboot run the TDS GPS Manager and update the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim EXE (not the PC Trainer).

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
(09-16-2022, 08:05 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

We are sorry that you are having problems updating the TDS GTNXi. Most likely the issue has to do with the software running in the background. Please reboot the PC, then right after reboot run the TDS GPS Manager and update the TDS GTNXi Flight Sim EXE (not the PC Trainer).

That did not work. Although it took longer for the error message to appear, it still came back. I tried turning off my Norton apps as well but still no success. Finally, I changed the trainer version from 3.3.1.0 back to 3.2.3.0 and then it updated.
(09-16-2022, 04:15 PM)topcat1952 Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 08:05 AM)adminOwner2 Wrote: Hello,

That did not work. Although it took longer for the error message to appear, it still came back. I tried turning off my Norton apps as well but still no success. Finally, I changed the trainer version from 3.3.1.0 back to 3.2.3.0 and then it updated.

Hello,

Can you confirm that the TDS GTNXi is functioning well?
Seems to be. The update is showing on the opening screen. I have not done a flight yet, just started it up.
We are glad to hear this! All should work well.
Sorry, I am back with the same problem again. Trying to update to 1.01.2.0 but getting an "Error installing:" message. Tried to install the GTNXI PC Trainer version back to 3.2.3.0 which worked last time nut that is resulting in an "Extraction Error" now. I currently have PCTrainer 3.3.1.0 and Flight Simulator 1.0.1.9. Any help is appreciated to enable me to update to 1.0.2.0
Thanks
Hello topcat,

First of all, please make sure to update the Aviation Base PC Trainer to version 3.5.3.0 and the GTNXi PC Trainer component to version 20.20.13
For the base aviation PC Trainer, please use this link:
https://download.garmin.com/avtrainerful...p_3530.zip

After installing it, open the Aviation PC Trainer program, navigate to the version manager tab, then scroll down until you find the GTNXi PC Trainer component v20.20.13 and install.

Then you can go ahead and install the TDS GTNXi V1.0.2.0 from within the TDS GPS Manager. You may need to temporarily disable the antivirus for it, in case you receive extraction errors.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.
I'll try these but I was able to update the app as long as I opened the GPS Manager in Admin mode. Thanks!
If that is the case, then all is ok. Please enjoy the TDS GTNXi!