This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting the displays added to cockpit?
Hello,

New to this site and new to TDS software.  I may be having a senior moment, and excuse my dense head, but where in the process does the software displays get added to the cockpit?  I find all kinds of other related topics, yet I can't get past the most basic install.  I've got the software talking to my sim, but the displays in my PA28 Arrow are still the original older navigation units.  Don't the two elements have to be connected by choice somewhere?

Sorry to be so newbie..ish.  Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,

I presume you have a Just Flight Piper.

In that case you have to select the TDS software as GPS in the tablet of the Piper.
Ah ha. That's it. I have not used those tablets much, and never thought that's where the connection/selection is made. It makes perfect sense. Yes, I do have JF PA28 Turbo Arrow as mentioned in my post. Actually Simicro, it was your post a couple days ago on AVSim I read, that got me interested in the TDS software. I'm still learning so much about the sim and aircraft and what makes flying them (in the sim) easier. Thx.
Ah yes, I remember the post you are refering to, you even gave me a like (thanks). Enjoy your new toy and learning! I'm in the same boat Wink
Mate, do not forget to update to the latest version of TDS software released today. Otherwise your TDS GPS will not be able to command lateral navigation of your Piper in autopilot mode.
(06-04-2022, 12:44 AM)redjr Wrote: Ah ha.  That's it.  I have not used those tablets much, and never thought that's where the connection/selection is made.  It makes perfect sense.  Yes, I do have JF PA28 Turbo Arrow as mentioned in my post.  Actually Simicro, it was your post a couple days ago on AVSim I read, that got me interested in the TDS software.  I'm still learning so much about the sim and aircraft and what makes flying them (in the sim) easier.  Thx.

where did you select the tablets to use to turn on the 650? Any help appreciated
For the Just Flight Piper Warrior, the configuration is 650 AND 750.

In the virtual cockpit, the upper part of the tablet can be seen on the lower part of the right door (passenger side).

Click on it (upper part of the tablet).
@RobMiller: info was useful? thank you?