This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freeze after a couple of minutes
Hi,

I purchased the GTNXi today and installed successfully (as Admin) on Windows 10.

At first, the GNTXi works fine on the JustFlight Piper Warrior and Milviz C310.

But the GTN screen freezes after a couple of minutes (whilst the sim is still running normally).

After restart of MSFS, there is a black screen on the GTN (whilst the sim is still running normally).

I have already uinstalled/reinstalled the whole thing (Trainer + GTNXi) several times: at the beginning it works, then I get again the issues as above.

I have already done some exclusions in Windows Defender (I have no other anti-virus):

[Image: m3jf9i.png]

I wonder if the database is an issue? Here is a screenshot:

[Image: iomveq.png]

If you need a log file or similar, please indicate the full name and path for me to find it.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to help.

Resolving freezes with take a bit of work, as this is a very rare issue, but with perseverance, we hope that we will get to a quick resolution.
Let's start troubleshooting with some questions first:

When you get a freeze in the VC integrated mode, do both units freeze or only one? Either the 750 or 650 in the JF Piper or one of the two 750s in the C310.
When you get a freeze, if you check the Windows Task Manager, Details tab, do you have these processes: gtn_simulator.exe twice and TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe

Not to worry, we will get to the bottom of this.
I get freeze on both units (750 and 650) on both JF Piper and C310.

For your other question, I have to uninstall and install all over again... to be able to answser.
From the Aviation Trainers program that was installed, can you please go to the Version Manager tab and install the GTNXi PC Trainer component version 20.20.13?

Thank you, we will wait for your other test results.
Sorry I don't see 20.20.13

I can only see 20.20.10.0 that is installed.

[Image: ew8u7j.png]

[Image: xrt47h.png]
You are in the right screen for version 20.20.13, please click on Check for Updates and version 20.20.13 should appear and you can upgrade to it.
As it is a fresh install, I thought the latest version of the modules would be installed.

But by clicking on 'Check for Updates" in Version manager, 20.20.13 now displays.

I'm going now going to install and try.

I updated to 20.20.13 and I still have a black screen.

I can see:

[Image: lnkvmg.png]

I did not see TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe

Please remember: after a freeze I get a black screeen, even after restart of MSFS.

I have not re-installed the whole Trainer + TDS GTNXi yet.
Thank you for the information. There is no need to reinstall at this point, can you please look inside the Task Manager, Details tab? That is where you should see TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe
Additionally, do you see Windows Event Log crash information for:
gtn_simulator.exe or TDSGTNXiFlightSimEXE.exe

The Event Viewer can be accessed:
https://www.howtogeek.com/123646/htg-exp...an-use-it/
During the black screen, this is what I see in Taks Manager / Details.

[Image: rjitgg.png]

Because I am not very 'tech', and there are many parts in Event Viewer, I used the 'Find' function' and found this:

[Image: 79rkhv.png]