This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RSG
Hello,

I am slowly getting the TDS 750 to work in my Real Sim Gear unit and thought I had cracked it until...

I started up the TDS interface which put the display onto my RSG albeit in small mode so I used the mouse to enlarge and it then filled the screen but still in windowed mode...Is this correct?

Then once the sim was starting up it crashed and would not let me bring it back up as I kept getting TDS GTNXi is in gauge mode .

I removed the TDS from the community folder in MSFS 2020..does that now need to go back?

Dave
Is it the sim that crashed? If so, it's a currently known issues with RSG and Sim Update 9. People are currently unable to use RSG hardware with the sim since the update launched last week.
No, the sim was fine..
So I started the TDS GTNXi executable, chose my 750 which automatically puts it onto my RSG unit but not in full screen mode.

I then have to move the mouse onto the RSG unit to maximize it but still leaving the window frame. If I then go into settings and check the hide window frame box the TDS screen disappears...Uncheck the box and it re appears...

This all does not seem right to me...I must be doing something wrong....Any ideas?

Dave
Dave,

First of all, can you please delete the ini file:
C:\ProgramData\TDS\GTNXi\FlightSimEXE\TDSGTN.ini
Then try the problem again.

If there is still a problem, is there any way that you can please create a video on this problem and send it to us via email at support@tdssim.com?
Thank you.
(05-03-2022, 01:37 PM)admin Wrote: Dave,

If there is still a problem, is there any way that you can please create a video on this problem and send it to us via email at support@tdssim.com?
Thank you.

Hi,

I am having the same problem - my RSG is monitor 3, the GTN 750 will open on it, not maximised, if I try to hide the window frame it disappears. Tried deleting the ini file but it made no difference
(06-09-2022, 10:36 AM)pscarratt Wrote:

Thank you.

Hi,

I am having the same problem - my RSG is monitor 3, the GTN 750 will open on it, not maximised, if I try to hide the window frame it disappears. Tried deleting the ini file but it made no difference

Hello,

Can you confirm that you are having a CTD and that you can replicate it? If you can, can you please send us a video/step by step instructions to the email address posted above?

Thank you.
(06-09-2022, 10:25 PM)admin Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 10:36 AM)pscarratt Wrote:

Thank you.

Hi,

Hello,

Can you confirm that you are having a CTD and that you can replicate it? If you can, can you please send us a video/step by step instructions to the email address posted above?

Thank you.
I actually think I might have fixed it, I am on windows 11 and had screen scaling set to 150%, changing it to 100% seems to have cured the problem.

Thanks,
Thank you, we are fully committed to solving all CTD bugs, so if you are still interested in helping us track down this bug, we will gladly look into it for a resolution so the problem would not occur to other customers in the future.
I had the setting set to 150% also, tried it after having gone back to 100%...

Seems to have made no difference.

I still have to put the mouse onto the GTN unit to maximise it which I feel should not happen.

Once I have done that I then check the 'Hide window frame' in the settings, boom 750 disappears..

I then uncheck 'Hide window frame' and 750 reappears on my 750.

If I check the hide window frame whilst on the desktop I cannot then move it to the RSG 750..

caught between a rock and a hard place at the moment, I am having to live with having to do this every time I fire up the sim which I feel should not be happening..

Why is it not remembering my window position to start with and then why can't I hide the window frame without it disappearing..

I must be doing something wrong, what though I don't know..

Dave