This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot/Altitude
Good morning all. Brand new user. I am using the GTNXi in the new Flysimware C414. When autopilot is on and I am attempting to increase my altitude, I am only able to increase it by only several hundred feet, maybe a thousand. Then it stops. I need to deactivate then reactivate the altitude button if I want to increase it more.

I have been searching and cant seem to find any other related topics about this. Has anyone else experienced this, or maybe I am just doing something wrong.

I also understand that the 414 is still in Beta, so maybe it's just not working at the moment.

Thanks for listening.  Big Grin
(04-09-2022, 03:17 PM)N420GE Wrote: Good morning all. Brand new user. I am using the GTNXi in the new Flysimware C414. When autopilot is on and I am attempting to increase my altitude, I am only able to increase it by only several hundred feet, maybe a thousand. Then it stops. I need to deactivate then reactivate the altitude button if I want to increase it more.

I have been searching and cant seem to find any other related topics about this. Has anyone else experienced this, or maybe I am just doing something wrong.

I also understand that the 414 is still in Beta, so maybe it's just not working at the moment.

I believe this is correct behavior for the G605 autopilot. Arm the alerter with the target altitude, turn off ALT, climb in VS / ALTS mode.
(04-09-2022, 08:45 PM)bpieke Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 03:17 PM)N420GE Wrote: Good morning all. Brand new user. I am using the GTNXi in the new Flysimware C414. When autopilot is on and I am attempting to increase my altitude, I am only able to increase it by only several hundred feet, maybe a thousand. Then it stops. I need to deactivate then reactivate the altitude button if I want to increase it more.

I believe this is correct behavior for the G605 autopilot. Arm the alerter with the target altitude, turn off ALT, climb in VS / ALTS mode.

Okay... I went found a video on YT and yes that is how it works. Thanks for pointing that out.
(04-09-2022, 09:59 PM)N420GE Wrote: Okay... I went found a video on YT and yes that is how it works. Thanks for pointing that out.

Smile
Thank you Bert!