This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install 3.30.7.0 - Error
Unable to install TXi v3.30.7.0.  Get the following error:

Summary: Unknown Internet related error: [SecureChannelFailure] The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Complete Error details:
 - Install Error:
     - Internet related error. Please check your Internet connection, firewall, and proxy settings and then retry.
         - Installer error output:
            Unknown Internet related error: [SecureChannelFailure] The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Also unable to install 20.20.20.0, get the following error:

Summary: Unknown Internet related error: [SecureChannelFailure] The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Complete Error details:
 - Install Error:
     - Internet related error. Please check your Internet connection, firewall, and proxy settings and then retry.
            Unknown Internet related error: [SecureChannelFailure] The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

When select the plane the display is blank.  Also says the Trainer is not installed, but the Version Manager says GTNXI PC Trainer Version 3.2.3.0 is installed.

Another product, Version 1.0.1.3 is installed.  Says Available Version 1.0.1.2 is ready to install, but I earlier updated to version 1.0.1.3.  I don't have any idea what is going on and would appreciate some help.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same result - blank screen.
Tried updating the Launcher, as it says the Installed Version I have is 3.2.3.0 and the Updated Version says 3.3.1.0. Got the following error message:

Install 20.20.10.0

Complete Error details:
- Install Error:

Not sure what this means. I recently installed Norton 360 on this computer, and possibly this could be the cause of these SecureChannelFailure errors. Have never had this happen before. When I installed Norton 360 it required me to disable Windows Defender. Will look into this tomorrow.
Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the installation, we are here to help.

The first step is to clarify what you are trying to do.

In your first post we see that you are trying to install a "TXi" PC trainer, however, this component is not used or required by us, so please disregard it.

Let's get the PC Trainer components sorted:
The base is called the Aviation PC Trainer, this is version 3.2.3.0, can you confirm that this version is installed and can be started? Disregard version 3.3.1.0 as that is a minor update not affecting functionality.
Then you need to install the GTNXi PC Trainer v20.20.10 or v20.20.13. This can be easily done either from a downloaded file or via the base Aviation PC Trainers program, Version Manager tab, scroll to the GTNXI PC Trainer v20.20.13. If this does not work, please contact us via email with screenshots at: support@tdssim.com and we will assist you.

Do not worry, we will get this problem solved!
I deleted the previous Trainer, since it said it was already installed. Downloaded the file Garmin Trainer Setup_3230.exe.

Then ran this setup.exe file. Success installing Trainer v3.2.3 and Database 3.2.1.

Started installing GTN Xi (20.20.10), but then there was an error. Tried both options - Recreate aircraft and then Reload aircraft. Said - Install 20.20.10.0 - Internal Error. Please retry, and report this if it continues.

Available Version 20.20.10.0 was displayed, but the option to Install was not displayed.

Error Details were as follows:

Summary: GTI exited with a failure code.

Complete Error details:
- Catalog installation failure detected. Please restart the Launcher.
- GTI exited with a failure code.

So apparently Version 20.29.10.0 will not install.

Also, under Avionics, Multi-Engine Piston it says: An error occurred while displaying this aircraft.

Error Details
Catalog installation failure detected. Please restart the Launcher.

I really appreciate your help but need advice on how to proceed.
Can you please send us an email at supprot@tdssim.com
We will take it via email, thank you.
(04-07-2022, 11:36 AM)admin Wrote: Can you please send us an email at supprot@tdssim.com
This has been resolved by tdsim support.  The cause turned out to be FRAPS, which I was using to display the frame rate on my display.  FRAPS is apparently incompatible with installation of the TDS GTNXi software.  When I closed FRAPS prior to installing the TDS GTNXi everything works.  Other users of FRAPS may have this same problem.

Thank you at tdssim support for solving this.  It never occurred to me that FRAPS could be the cause.
(04-17-2022, 12:02 AM)JKaye_1@charter.net Wrote:
(04-07-2022, 11:36 AM)admin Wrote: Can you please send us an email at supprot@tdssim.com
This has been resolved by tdsim support.  The cause turned out to be FRAPS, which I was using to display the frame rate on my display.  FRAPS is apparently incompatible with installation of the TDS GTNXi software.  When I closed FRAPS prior to installing the TDS GTNXi everything works.  Other users of FRAPS may have this same problem.

Thank you at tdssim support for solving this.  It never occurred to me that FRAPS could be the cause.

We are glad that this problem got resolved and that you are able to use the TDS GTNXi properly, thank you for your patience and for working with us, we appreciate it!