This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Installation (Different Folder)
Hello. Forgive me if this has already been asked and answered. I did do a search but nothing specific came to pass. 

Is it possible to install the PC Trainer and the GTN into a different file location? I want to avoid my C Drive, and install into a custom folder on my dedicated MSFS Drive.

I did try but they didn't seem to communicate with each other. More than likely my fault lol, but worth asking all the same. 

Regards

Chris.
Hello Chris,

The PC Trainer can be installed anywhere, it is no problem at all.
The TDS GTNXi Flight Sim gets installed automatically to the Program Data folder, the installation size is at most 30-40mb, but it can not be changed.

Are you experiencing problems?
(04-05-2022, 08:53 PM)admin Wrote: Hello Chris,

The TDS GTNXi Flight Sim gets installed automatically to the Program Data folder, the installation size is at most 30-40mb, but it can not be changed.

Thank you for the reply. Yes I did experience some issues where the Trainer and the GTN could not find each other. So when I fired up the PC Trainer, it said it could not find the GTN software. I installed them both to a folder I created on my MSFS Drive. Or at least I thought I did lol. 

Your answer explains what I need to do. I'll install the PC trainer to the folder I created on my MSFS Drive, and allow GTNXi to install itself to where it wants to go. Hopefully it will be able to auto detect the PC Trainer? ? 

Fantastic piece of software, highly professionally implemented I have to say. Game Changer!
(04-05-2022, 11:26 PM)FSBillUp Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 08:53 PM)admin Wrote: Hello Chris,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I did experience some issues where the Trainer and the GTN could not find each other. So when I fired up the PC Trainer, it said it could not find the GTN software. I installed them both to a folder I created on my MSFS Drive. Or at least I thought I did lol. 

Your answer explains what I need to do. I'll install the PC trainer to the folder I created on my MSFS Drive, and allow GTNXi to install itself to where it wants to go. Hopefully it will be able to auto detect the PC Trainer? ? 

Fantastic piece of software, highly professionally implemented I have to say. Game Changer!
Thank you for your kind words.

Yes, if you install the PC Trainer from the installer to a different drive, it should auto detect, please let us know if it does not.