This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS mode not working ( again)
I had a previous post regarding the just flight Arrow where I couldn't get the autopilot to follow the gps.
I have also tried this in the C414 and the same problem. It works with heading mode in the settings, but not with nav mode.
When I select the gps mode in goes into standby mode ( lower box ) in the autopilot and rol mode remains active. When I change to heading mode in the settings, the heading mode goes into the active ( top box ) on the autopilot and the gps remains in the standby, and it will track the gps path .

I downloaded the PMS GTN to try it and it works as normal. e.g. the GPS shows in the active box and it tracks the gps, so it is only an issue with the TDS GTN. I seem to be the only one having this problem.

I have deleted all autopilot settings in the sim, but it makes no difference. ( looking for a conflict ). I am using the alpha and bravo .

** update ** the problem appears to be with the garmin trainer. If I run it from the start menu, it initialises and then closes down. I think the TDS GTN is unable to read the trainer. You may remember that you had to manually install the garmin trainer for me when the TDS first came out. It worked fine in standalone, before the cockpit intergration ( 1.0.1.2 ) version came out. There appears to be something in my laptop blocking the trainer from running. I has access through the windows defender firewall. The program Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe will start and shut down after about 10 seconds.
Pete,

The first question: Are you able to run the TDS GTNXi within MSFS? Let's forget about the PC Trainer if the TDS GTNXi works just fine.

As far as the autopilot issue "goes into standby mode" lower box, can you please show us a screenshot of the problem showing both the C414 HSI as well as the TDS GTNXI map page?
If you are more than 2NM away from the flight plan, then the C414 is designed to only arm GPS mode.
(04-05-2022, 06:02 AM)petejohno Wrote: I had a previous post regarding the just flight Arrow where I couldn't get the autopilot to follow the gps.
I have also tried this in the C414 and the same problem. It works with heading mode in the settings, but not with nav mode.
When I select the gps mode in goes into standby mode ( lower box ) in the autopilot and rol mode remains active. When I change to heading mode in the settings, the heading mode goes into the active ( top box ) on the autopilot and the gps remains in the standby, and it will track the gps path .

I downloaded the PMS GTN to try it and it works as normal. e.g. the GPS shows in the active box and it tracks the gps, so it is only an issue with the TDS GTN. I seem to be the only one having this problem.

As was mentioned above, what you are seeing may indeed be normal (correct) behavior.
NAV mode does not activate unless you are close to the magenta line. The PMS unit uses a simplified (incorrect) process.

With NAV mode active, but not captured, use HDG mode to intercept the magenta line. You will see GPS moving from the bottom to the top at NAV capture.  This is the way the real unit works.  (The WT G1000 NXi displays similar behavior).
[attachment=103 Wrote:admin pid='1250' dateline='1649144320']Pete,

The first question: Are you able to run the TDS GTNXi within MSFS? Let's forget about the PC Trainer if the TDS GTNXi works just fine.

As far as the autopilot issue "goes into standby mode" lower box, can you please show us a screenshot of the problem showing both the C414 HSI as well as the TDS GTNXI map page?
If you are more than 2NM away from the flight plan, then the C414 is designed to only arm GPS mode.

Yes all the GTN functions work fine . The HSI has no path deviation.

(04-05-2022, 10:38 AM)admin Wrote: Pete,

This is the GTN in heading mode. It will follow the gps path.

(04-05-2022, 08:24 PM)bpieke Wrote:
(04-05-2022, 06:02 AM)petejohno Wrote: I had a previous post regarding the just flight Arrow where I couldn't get the autopilot to follow the gps.

As was mentioned above, what you are seeing may indeed be normal (correct) behavior.
NAV mode does not activate unless you are close to the magenta line. The PMS unit uses a simplified (incorrect) process.

With NAV mode active, but not captured, use HDG mode to intercept the magenta line. You will see GPS moving from the bottom to the top at NAV capture.  This is the way the real unit works.  (The WT G1000 NXi displays similar behavior).

This is the problem. The GPS will not move from the bottom to the top at Nav capture. It remains in standby mode.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello Pete,

We are waiting for FSW to provide an update for the C414, as the problem comes from the FSW C414 autopilot and not from us, please be on the lookout for this update.

Additionally, what is the active navigation source set to in the TDS GTNXI interface?
I am done with this software, the autopilot still does not work in the JF Arrow III and any user waypoints exported from Little NavMap into TDS GTN are locked. This I believe is due to the Airac data going back to 2004, it needs Navigraph integration I feel.
(04-06-2022, 10:25 PM)Rymrks Wrote: I am done with this software, the autopilot still does not work in the JF Arrow III and any user waypoints exported from Little NavMap into TDS GTN are locked. This I believe is due to the Airac data going back to 2004, it needs Navigraph integration I feel.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to assist in order to solve your problems so you can enjoy it.

Regarding the navigation database, we think that you have an older version of the software, as the latest is 2104, so we strongly suggest that you update to the latest using the TDS GPS Manager.

We are in the final stages of releasing a new version of the TDS GTNXi 1.0.1.3, which we hope that will have many bugs fixed, we suggest that you test the JF Arrow with the latest version, when released and if you have any problems, please email us at support@tdssim.com and we will gladly assist you in solving your problems so you can use the TDS GTNXi!
(04-06-2022, 01:25 PM)admin Wrote: Hello Pete,

We are waiting for FSW to provide an update for the C414, as the problem comes from the FSW C414 autopilot and not from us, please be on the lookout for this update.

Additionally, what is the active navigation source set to in the TDS GTNXI interface?

Thanks. I have been keeping the C414 updated so far. My only concern is that I also had this problem with the just Flight Arrow. Hopefully, it requires an update as well. Anyway, it's not a biggie. I can just use the GTN in heading mode to follow the GPS and manually do let downs via the charts.
The active nav source is gtn750Xi unit 1, and I am using the gps to follow heading in the settings. It won't work if I use the gps to follow nav in the settings.
Maybe something is off with the Just Flight Autopilot, can you please show us a high resolution screenshot of the Just Flight Piper, we are interested in seeing which autopilot modes are active, as well as the autopilot controller and the TDS GTNXi. This is, of course, with the TDS GTNXi in GPS mode and the autopilot controlling the GPS (not heading mode)!
(04-06-2022, 10:25 PM)Rymrks Wrote: I am done with this software, the autopilot still does not work in the JF Arrow III and any user waypoints exported from Little NavMap into TDS GTN are locked. This I believe is due to the Airac data going back to 2004, it needs Navigraph integration I feel.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with the TDS GTNXi, we are here to assist in order to solve your problems so you can enjoy it.

Regarding the navigation database, we think that you have an older version of the software, as the latest is 2104, so we strongly suggest that you update to the latest using the TDS GPS Manager.

We are in the final stages of releasing a new version of the TDS GTNXi 1.0.1.3, which we hope that will have many bugs fixed, we suggest that you test the JF Arrow with the latest version, when released and if you have any problems, please email us at support@tdssim.com and we will gladly assist you in solving your problems so you can use the TDS GTNXi!

Well I done as you suggested and no change, autopilot will not work with the JF Arrow and the GTN will not accept user waypoints imported from Little NavMap.