This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cessna 414AW Chancellor and ILS
hello

I just bought this GTN because I was having VOR to VOR issues with the PMS50.
Now this issue is gone with your GTN, but now I'm having problems with ILS. It
just won't lock On the beam. The needle moves but the plane won't intercept it. I tried many ILS at different airport
and they all the same. Yes I'm out of "GPS" mode and the "APP" is on.

Anybody has this issue like this?
Help please!!!
Hello

With which version of the FSW C414 are you having issues? Did you update to the latest? Please do so first and please note that this bug must be reported to FSW as it is the C414 that does the ILS approaches and not the TDS GTNXi. We think that this bug got fixed in the latest C414 version.
OK, thanks.
I'm having the same issue - no ILS intercept, e.g. at EDDV RWY27R - correct LOC frequency, out of GPS mode, APP pressed, needle moves properly, but the FSW Cessna 414 won't lock to the beam, neither laterally nor vertically. I'm using the 1.50 beta version of the Cessna...
(04-15-2022, 11:10 AM)AceGo Wrote: I'm having the same issue - no ILS intercept, e.g. at EDDV RWY27R - correct LOC frequency, out of GPS mode, APP pressed, needle moves properly, but the FSW Cessna 414 won't lock to the beam, neither laterally nor vertically. I'm using the 1.50 beta version of the Cessna...

Hello,

As we have stated in the post above, we do not handle the ILS aporoach, thus why we suggest going on the FSW Discord channel for a fix on this issue this is if you are trying an ILS aporoach you shoulf be in VLOC as GPS mode is for a GPS approach. We still think that it will require a fix on the FSW side. Can you fly a regular flightplan/dto in the GTNXi?
I did read the mentioned post above (about FSW to be responsible for fixing the ILS approach issue) - sorry for any confusion. I just wanted to mention that even with the newest (so far) 1.50 beta version of the Cessna 414 still issues with ILS exist.

Btw, following a normal GPS flightplan does work fine.

But: Trying the same ILS approach to EDDV with the TDS GTNXi and the Piper Turbo IV does also not work... It works though with the TBM930 and the Workingtitle G3000 mod...
Thank you, we will investigate the JustFlight Turbo Arrow, but if you can please tell us what kind of procedures you are doing in order to replicate the bug, it would greatly help.
Thanks for your message! Sure, will do - tomorrow; it's too late for today. But, the last thing I was able to investigate today is that after uninstalling the TDS GTNXi and installing the PMS GTN750 the mentioned ILS approach did work with the Cessna 414...
Unfortunately this seems to be a problem with the FSW C414 and the latest patch, hopefully it will be resolved very soon, but the fix will be on the FSW side and not us.

We do not want to misinform our customers and to create this a product X vs product Y thread, especially when the problem lies with a different add-on than the GPS units.

The FSW C414 is a very complex add-on, with a custom GFC autopilot, hence why we strongly recommend to report this bug to FSW for a proper resolution. Thank you.